Gear VR in use on planes (first class)

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
GREAT BARRIER REEF EXPERIENCE COMING TO GEAR VR

"Qantas is currently showcasing the film and Samsung Gear VR headsets with Galaxy Note 4 smartphones in its First Class Lounges in Sydney and Melbourne as well as on select Airbus A380 flights between Australia and Los Angeles in the First Class cabin. "

Rapid VR's Great Barrier Reef Experience Coming to Gear VR - VRFocus

This is probably going to be similar to the current "The Wild Within" gear VR app. I like this app for it's visually stunning 3D video. It's so good you can't see the 3D camera at all except when you are on the hike and there is a black circle below you blocking out the person carrying the 3D camera.

My favorite part of "The Wild Within" is at the very end when you fly by the camp on the lake, hover over the round campfire setting on the flooding deck (2nd picture below), and slowly rise up. It's an awesome experience.

I WANT TO BE THERE!

Attachments

• 1437584876757.jpg
    1437584876757.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 1437585009102.jpg
    1437585009102.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 25

phillemaire

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
I bring mine on board. only issues is when plane turns, screen can tilt. also without a picture in picture passthrough camera mode, your watching your movie then take them off and missed your meal.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I bring mine on board. only issues is when plane turns, screen can tilt. also without a picture in picture passthrough camera mode, your watching your movie then take them off and missed your meal.

Ha! Put a sticky note on the side of your Gear VR saying, "I'M HUNGRY! DON'T SKIP ME!"

Good point about the plane movement affecting/moving your view in the HMD. My son tried to use my Gear VR in the car right after we got it. We quickly learned...that's not gonna work when I turn left or right.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma