Star Wars Cardboard...

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Recently Verizon and even Google themselves were giving away Star Wars: The Force Awakens themed Cardboard viewers for free. Who ended up getting one and which one did you get?

My Kylo Ren one from Google here:
b89b653a0f7b10c9e430e218e86a5361.jpg

82616ad8ef9eda5d8ce6fed9e61de96f.jpg

Altema22

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I got the BB-8 version. Works well, but I get tired of holding it. Ordered a VR Box with the straps and adjustable lenses, but there's no code to scan, and the image is wacked.

Jeremy Burk

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Works well, but I get tired of holding it. Ordered a VR Box with the straps...

Having to hold it is by design. Most phones can't track the movement as fast as people can move their head, which can cause disorientation in some people. Having people hold it to their face makes them turn mostly with their back, which is slower.

Altema22

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Having to hold it is by design. Most phones can't track the movement as fast as people can move their head, which can cause disorientation in some people. Having people hold it to their face makes them turn mostly with their back, which is slower.

Hmm, I had not even thought of that. Still, it's a pain to try and watch a movie until your arms get tired, lol.

DavidsTech

May 13, 2012
Visit site
More important, it's way cheaper. With these being given away for free it's not surprising.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles