no news on my free vr
    04-07-2016 03:37 PM
    It was taking a while, but since demand was so high, they're offering 100 dollar credit in the Samsung store for some. You should contact Samsung support.
    04-07-2016 04:33 PM
    Go to the samsungpromotions.com site and check your status.

Mine said it would ship april 18th, but it showed up yesterday

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!
    04-08-2016 08:34 PM
    It also seems that right after this was posted, Samsung resumed notifications on the VR promo.
    04-11-2016 11:30 AM
    You guys that got your vrs already are lucky. Mine have been in the shipping date pending stage for 3 weeks. From what I have read people turned their paperwork after I did and already have theirs. Also reading about prizelogic, they are a joke. Lots of complaints about people not getting their prizes. Even their employees are complaining about them. 68 BBB complaints in the last 3 years. They tell you what you want to hear to apease you. Supervisor tells you one ting than the reps say no it can't be done, even though a Supervisor said it could be done. This was my 1st time dealing with them and it will also be my last time. This makes me want to drop my Samsung phone and move to an iPhone
    04-12-2016 02:41 PM
    I've seen a significant influx of people getting theirs this week. So it's possible the initial hiccup is over?

Still, being treated like that isn't great.
    04-12-2016 04:12 PM
    You guys that got your vrs already are lucky. Mine have been in the shipping date pending stage for 3 weeks. From what I have read people turned their paperwork after I did and already have theirs. Also reading about prizelogic, they are a joke. Lots of complaints about people not getting their prizes. Even their employees are complaining about them. 68 BBB complaints in the last 3 years. They tell you what you want to hear to apease you. Supervisor tells you one ting than the reps say no it can't be done, even though a Supervisor said it could be done. This was my 1st time dealing with them and it will also be my last time. This makes me want to drop my Samsung phone and move to an iPhone
    I get the frustration part...but moving to a different manufacturer over a freebie that's been troubled by a 3rd party vendor? That seems a bit much.

I, personally, have no issues with waiting for free stuff. So far I've gotten 3 free wireless chargers from, two 100-dollar gift cards, one 30-dollar gift card, and a VR headset directly from Samsung and two years of Netflix from a 3rd party (T-Mobile) on promos from the Note 5 and S7 Edge alone. And the Samsung Pay promos seem to keep on coming and still being valid for most users. I didn't even get a thank you note with my work iPhone :P
    LanceAllan likes this.
    04-12-2016 06:20 PM
    Unfortunately I didn't preorder my S7 so I didn't qualify for the free promo.

Does anyone know if the one being sold on Amazon is the latest version?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-13-2016 07:52 PM
    I believe you will want the first one that comes up on amazon, not innovator edition, that's the old one, also you might want to take a look on your local Craigslist or eBay, alot of people that received the promos are selling them for a good discount, craigslist in my area has easily 30 of them for $50 brand new in the box

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge
    04-13-2016 08:11 PM
    I am actually quite frustrated with the level of the support I am getting from Samsung (or Prize Logic). I had unexpectedly moved a week after I received my S7 Edge and filled out the Samsung Promotions page so I raised a ticket with them to change my address.

This is the response I get:

Note from the terms and conditions, the rules state "Participants will not be allowed to change their mailing address or e-mail address."

This is completely ridiculous. I have setup forwarding via USPS but I believe that is USPS only. Three of my friends who happen to be on T-Mobile received their Gear VR about 2 weeks ago and all said they got it via FedEx. As far as I know, Fedex will not know about USPS forwarding.

I have followed up and tried to escalate with Samsung Support but they all claimed they are technical support and have no access to the promotions division. That division is handled by Prize Logic.

At this stage, I am planning on giving up and forking out the $99.
    04-17-2016 07:51 PM
    Set up a FedEx account and have them hold your package at one of their locations for you to pick up, or pay the couple bucks to have it shipped to an alternative address through FedEx

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=GuRfCDB2

04-17-2016 08:13 PM
    Set up a FedEx account and have them hold your package at one of their locations for you to pick up, or pay the couple bucks to have it shipped to an alternative address through FedEx

FedEx Delivery Manager - Customize Your Home Delivery

I tried doing this as well but it only lets me add my current address not add the previous apartment I moved out of some weeks ago.
    04-17-2016 11:37 PM
    I tried doing this as well but it only lets me add my current address not add the previous apartment I moved out of some weeks ago.
    You can add multiple addresses
    04-18-2016 09:34 AM
    You can add multiple addresses
    It doesnt let me but co-incidentally I just received a tracking number this morning.

Your Gift is on the Way!

Your free gift* has shipped! Your tracking information is below for your reference:
    I rang up Fedex Support and they did inform me that the address could not be changed per the instructions of the sender but I could hold it at my local FedEx where I can present my driver's license.

In other words, the 4-5 different tickets I raised with PrizeLogic to change my address didnt do anything. They are completely useless.
    Imkatt2 likes this.
    04-19-2016 06:20 AM
    It's now been just about 5 weeks sense I have been approved and I am still in the shipping date pending stage. People who put their paperwork in after I did and was approved after I was already have theirs. That's not right. That's why I'm mad. Prizelogic and samsung don't care. That is why I'm not happy with Samsung. What happened to customer service? I called Samsung and have a case filed. I was supposed to get a response with in 48 hrs. Well that 48 hrs was up a week and a half ago. Now Samsung says that there was no record of my call or a ticket number can not be located. Wow. This really says how much Samsung cares about their customers. Apple is not like that.
    04-19-2016 07:52 AM
    I was approved for my vrs on march 18th. March 20th i went into the shipping date pending stage. Now this afternoon I went to YOUR SUBMISSION IS UNDER REVIEW. WTF. I contacted prizelogic and they THINK it is a computer glitch. They don't know why it says that. Gotta love it. Prizelogic can't get things straight. They are sending out the vrs ( the 2ed batch) to people who turned their paper work in after March 20th but for lots of people who turned their paper work in before March 20th, we are the lucky ones - ours are on BACK ORDER. Prizelogic confirmed this to me tonight. That is not right. That is not 1st come, 1st served. The people who turned in their paper work after March 20th should be the ones who are on back order.
    04-20-2016 12:09 AM
    I was approved for my vrs on march 18th. March 20th i went into the shipping date pending stage. Now this afternoon I went to YOUR SUBMISSION IS UNDER REVIEW. WTF. I contacted prizelogic and they THINK it is a computer glitch. They don't know why it says that. Gotta love it. Prizelogic can't get things straight. They are sending out the vrs ( the 2ed batch) to people who turned their paper work in after March 20th but for lots of people who turned their paper work in before March 20th, we are the lucky ones - ours are on BACK ORDER. Prizelogic confirmed this to me tonight. That is not right. That is not 1st come, 1st served. The people who turned in their paper work after March 20th should be the ones who are on back order.
    I submitted my claim on the 8th of March and it shipped out(to my old address which I successfully intercepted on the 20th since I directed it to the local Fedex Store. Your claim should definitely NOT BE on back order. Computer glitch or not, they should definitely have tried to send it out ASAP.
    04-24-2016 07:11 PM
    Nope. Today is Monday. On Friday it will be 6 weeks. A supervisor 3 weeks ago told me that it can be expedited. To call back in a day or 2 if I haven't received a shipping date. I did. Now they say it CAN'T be expedited. I have been 5 weeks now in the shipping date pending stage. Nobody at prize logic will help. My status keeps changing from approved to my submission is under view. Computer glitch they tell me, but they won't do anything because prize logic does not handle the shipping process. The fulfillment department does. But they can not contact the fulfillment department to resolve this. I don't mind waiting. My issue is people sent their paperwork in after I did and have already received theirs. That's not right. That's my issue with prize logic. Their customer service sucks.
    04-25-2016 01:58 PM
    Fri day 5/6/16 will be 7 weeks sense I was approved and I still have no shipping date. I've contacted prize logic and had a team leader tell me he would look into it and get back to me later that day, right, I'm still waiting for that call that is 5 days overdue. He also said if he could not get them expedited than he would also give me the $100 gift certificate. Contacted them through fb. Takes 3 or so days to get back to you even though it says a couple of hours. Mean while they are not living up to their terms and conditions. 1) 4 - 6 weeks. I was on the original terms because I was approved before the terms were changed. And 2) 1st come 1st served. People who turned their paperwork in after I did already have theirs and I'm still waiting. I'm going to give it another week than I'm going to take to my employers, who are both lawyers. Prize logic tells you what you want to hear but doesn't follow through.
    05-04-2016 07:48 AM
    Just received mine on Sunday did not get any shipping info until Monday after I received it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-10-2016 04:51 PM
    Friday, may 13 will be 8 weeks sense approval. Still no shipping date, still no vr's. This is ridiculous. FKPALM, WHEN DID YOU DO YOUR PAPERWORK?
    05-12-2016 09:54 AM
    Whoot, whoot 😆😃😀😁😊. 8 weeks and 1 day after I was approved I finally received my vr's. Now I'm happy. Going on vacation on Tues so I can really enjoy them.
    05-14-2016 06:24 PM
    I don't know what the company is handling the VR promotion in Australia but they seem just as useless as Prizelogic
    06-12-2016 01:47 AM
    I hope I can win one 🙂
    10-26-2016 03:40 PM