Tweaking ringtones

1Achas

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I really need an event notification ringtone that is louder than any of the default ones on my Galaxy S II i777 and/or that can continuously 'ring' similar to an incoming call ringtone until I turn it off. This is an absolutely critical function I need to have or I'm gonna hafta return this phone and maybe go with Apple.

I figure I can make multiple events in the calendar to sound off every minute, but that's time consuming and the newest android version is very convoluted to set up as it is. The previous version didn't require an extra step to enable notifications.

I'm also curious if I can use my own sounds and create a ringtone from an mp3 or other file.

Nimocone

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Go online and find an mp3 of any sound you want. To edit it, you can use the free app Ringdroid. I prefer to edit a sound file in Audacity (free pc program) before putting it on my phone. Audacity will let you increase the volume of the mp3 and do many other edits. I'm not sure that going to Apple will find you louder alarms. Just make your own!

1Achas

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey thanks! The tweakability factor here is way cool. So I could put any sound file into a notification folder? How do I edit it in audacity, or is that pretty straightforward when I start doing it?

1Achas

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Where on the phone do I put it? I connected via usb, opened all the folders - and none of them look applicable.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Where on the phone do I put it? I connected via usb, opened all the folders - and none of them look applicable.

On your SD Card... make a folder called Media, then make one call Ringtones under the media folder... put your new notifications in the Ringtones folder.

1Achas

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I made a folder on the sd card and put a ringtone on it that I downloaded from zedge. It's on the phone, but there's no option at all to use it as a ringtone. Spent 45 min with a few reps at Samsung, and one of them finally said "you can't do it". He didn't sound too sure though. There's gotta be a way to be able to use this as a notification alert ringtone - not an incoming call ringtone. A sound that comes up when an event in the calendar comes up.

ron9776

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
To edit it, you can use the free app Ringdroid

[url=http://www.mwebsite.nl
[url=http://www.mwebsite.info
[url=http://www.3dbedrijf.nl

1Achas

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I don't think I need to edit it. It's a fully functioning mp3 file. But I REALLY need to be able to access this and use it as a notification alert when an event that I previously put in the calendar comes up. I can currently play it as an mp3 file on the phone if I navigate to the folder and activley play it. How can I use it as an alert?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital