How do i delete/manage android system ringtones? pls

bubbles4711

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I have a LG Doubleplay from t-mobile. i downloaded zedge's app from the android market and started setting up my tones. i accidntly pushed the button that said 'set as android system tones' or somethings simular, i can't get it to pop back up. now the tones i delete from zedge stay in my ringtones list but the connected media file is gone after i delete it so it gives me the default android tone instead. this is driving me nuts. i didn't know it would do this and i have dozens of broken tones in my ringtones/notifications lists that i now have to scroll through :'( can anyone help? where can i find the folder with the system's ringtones? how do i get them off my list...i've already tried a factory data reset.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm assuming if you did a factory reset and that didn't clear out those ringtones they must on your sdcard and if so should be in a file named media or ringtones. I haven't used Zedge so sorry I can't be more helpful.

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Sd card > zedge > ringtones will be where zedge downloads to.

System > media > audio > ringtones is where the system tones are.

Deleting the zedge folder and rebooting should remove them from your phone. The only way to access your system tones would to be rooted. Hope that helps. :D

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante