I was on the Google Play store a couple days ago, and found a nice app. The jellybean status bar. It overlays your regular one, and emulates the jellybean status bar. No root required. Its free too! Its by Team Syndicate. Link for it below.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.calsto.statusbar.jb&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Djellybean+status+bar+4.1+google+play
    07-12-2012 10:47 PM
    Every time in the google play store I try to click on it and it just freezes.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    07-12-2012 10:55 PM
    Try downloading it from a computer.
    07-12-2012 11:06 PM
    Try force stopping the application in app settings and or clearing data from the Google play store app and try again.
    07-12-2012 11:10 PM
    If it's the one I saw the other day it had bad reviews. Cool idea though

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    07-21-2012 01:00 PM
    Well the reason is that when it was first released, there was a FC error when turning it on. They then fixed after they realized the problem and updated it within 24 hours. Installed on a few of my unrooted androids, and it works fine.

Sent from LG Optimus S running ICS using Taptalk
    08-01-2012 01:00 PM
    Well the reason is that when it was first released, there was a FC error when turning it on. They then fixed after they realized the problem and updated it within 24 hours. Installed on a few of my unrooted androids, and it works fine.

Many of those reviews seem to be for the current version. I'll install it anyway and update you guys.

UPDATE #1: I installed the ICS status bar from them instead because it had slightly higher reviews. My assumption is that since ICS has been out longer, that status bar app might've been out for a while as well so they may have been able to work out some of the issues. As of the past 5 minutes, I haven't noticed any issues except that it doesn't show my voicemail icon and the current temperature from my weather app has disappeared as well.
    08-02-2012 11:23 AM
    I know. It happened to me the first time. You have to enable it in the accessibility settings.

08-02-2012 07:48 PM
    I know. It happened to me the first time. You have to enable it in the accessibility settings.

It says it can see everything you type etc. Is that kind of access really necessary?

Sent from my unrooted DInc2 via Tapatalk
    08-03-2012 11:22 AM
    Yes, for some of your apps.

08-03-2012 02:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD