Ringtone apps are flea-markets

aaronaaron

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
There are many ringtone and notification sound apps out there littering the Play Store.
Someone says "ringtone app?" the answer is typically Zedge.
I have a problem with Zedge, too much, no moderation, no good rating system, many are poor quality, no set naming convention, duplicate, duplicates, duplicates, and many are tagged incorrectly. (as is the case with most apps of this nature)

I understand that I can make my own ringtones and often times I will, BUT...

I want to find a quality collection of ringtones and notification sounds.
Is there anything out there?
Perhaps there is a specific user on Zedge that uploads quality, if so what's their user name?

I also doubt I am alone when it comes to this topic.

Last edited:

karnoff

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
i found the best way to use Zedge is to be looking for something specific and try different terms in the seach bar. Just browsing will get you nowhere.

moda.root

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I think that ringtones and all that needs tovkinda take a little break and reason behind that is u guys have deserved that break so what I am going to do is grant you that break that yo u guys over at android central so u guys can take a break and cool dwn from the awesome work you guys have been offering to the public and also the android community so we can all take a break because I feel the android community can take a break as well as the staff at android central.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo