Different wallpapers for different times of the day???

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Is there an app that will automatically change your wallpaper at certain times of the day or between daylight and night time hours?? (Using wallpaper/photos already on your phone)

I would love something like this.

UPDATE:
Best solution found:
ct scheduler

AWESOME APP that can schedule all kinds of settings. Its free and well worth taking a look at!

Last edited:

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
You can try out the wallpaper app Flikie wallpaper, it has a built in wallpaper switcher. You can set if from every 30mins, 1hr, 3hrs, 6hrs, 12 or 1day.

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
You can try out the wallpaper app Flikie wallpaper, it has a built in wallpaper switcher. You can set if from every 30mins, 1hr, 3hrs, 6hrs, 12 or 1day.

I tried it and its not what I'm looking for. I don't want a random rotation of everything in a folder but to choose a few individually.

DroidGnome

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Might want to look at this app..
Setting Profiles Lite
by probeez
10,000 downloads, 504 ratings (3.6 avg)
Free
rating7.png

I believe the paid version can have a rule based on time of day, and one of the options you can set in a profile is the wallpaper. The free version would give you ONE rule one.. at least you could test it.

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I have searched around nd haven't seen anything that has detailed what I want. They pretty much all look like they just rotate from within a selected folder

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
That seems like a lot of function for $4 when I really just want something simple and not that much. Does it let you choose specific wallpapers to rotate between?

I am unsure, you would need to ask on their forums. I am still learning it.

You are now the second person I told about Tasker i:)i

eanbri

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
It would be really nice to have a app which changes the wallpaper. For me personally the apps which have been suggested here sound interesting. I will take a closer look at them and I think I will find one which I can use later in order to rotate my pictures.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for (random wallpapers or specific wallpapers at different times of the day).

Flikkie will switch it every 6 hours if you want (so you could do Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night) but you'd have to kick it off at (for example), noon to have it switching at noon, 6pm, midnight, 6am....

I use Setting Profiles (as someone else mentioned). Even though I use it for other things (like location), you could use it this way easy enough. Basically you would set up a profile and assign it a wallpaper, then tell it to activate that profile during a certain time.

As an example, I do have a "Night" profile that is automatically used from 11PM to 6AM. While I use it to silence and turn off everything but the ringer during those hours, I also have it set to display a "night-time" wallpaper (a pic of city at night).

I have several other profiles with their own wallpapers as well, such as "In a Meeting" (pic of guy yawning) and "In the Car" (pic of a road stretching off into the distance)

Having different wallpapers for each profile allows me to easily identify which profile I am in, since I have several for different situations and switch back and forth throughout the day.

You'd just need to set up as many profiles as you want, assign a wallpaper and a time to have each profile active and you'd be done. Obviously this could be a pain if you want it switch every 15 minutes since you'd need a ton of profiles, but if you'd want one for "Morning, Afternoon, Evening, and Night" it wouldn't be too bad.

Although $4 for the app is a bit much just to switch your wallpaper.

Last edited:

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for (random wallpapers or specific wallpapers at different times of the day).

Flikkie will switch it every 6 hours if you want (so you could do Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night) but you'd have to kick it off at (for example), noon to have it switching at noon, 6pm, midnight, 6am....

I use Setting Profiles (as someone else mentioned). Even though I use it for other things (like location), you could use it this way easy enough. Basically you would set up a profile and assign it a wallpaper, then tell it to activate that profile during a certain time.

As an example, I do have a "Night" profile that is automatically used from 11PM to 6AM. While I use it to silence and turn off everything but the ringer during those hours, I also have it set to display a "night-time" wallpaper (a pic of city at night).

I have several other profiles with their own wallpapers as well, such as "In a Meeting" (pic of guy yawning) and "In the Car" (pic of a road stretching off into the distance)

Having different wallpapers for each profile allows me to easily identify which profile I am in, since I have several for different situations and switch back and forth throughout the day.

You'd just need to set up as many profiles as you want, assign a wallpaper and a time to have each profile active and you'd be done. Obviously this could be a pain if you want it switch every 15 minutes since you'd need a ton of profiles, but if you'd want one for "Morning, Afternoon, Evening, and Night" it wouldn't be too bad.

Although $4 for the app is a bit much just to switch your wallpaper.

I don't see a profile option but if you're talking about "scenes" then that's not what I'm looking to do. Don't want to choose what settings and rearrange my home screens all over again.

What I'm looking for:
An app that will let me choose which wallpapers/pictures to use as a background, and which time each one will be in effect or activate. No random switching that's lame. And yeah like you said, I'm not spending 4 bucks on an app that doesn't even look like it provides what I'm asking for. I already tried flickie btw.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't see a profile option but if you're talking about "scenes" then that's not what I'm looking to do. Don't want to choose what settings and rearrange my home screens all over again.

What I'm looking for:
An app that will let me choose which wallpapers/pictures to use as a background, and which time each one will be in effect or activate. No random switching that's lame. And yeah like you said, I'm not spending 4 bucks on an app that doesn't even look like it provides what I'm asking for. I already tried flickie btw.

No, not scenes. Was talking about the "Setting Profiles" app.
YouTube - Android App Review: Setting Profiles

That's an older version, but the wallpaper setting would appear in the settings for a profile (the latest update supports live wallpapers).

And of course he skips over rules (since he's setting up a location), but you'd need to set up a rule to activate certain profiles during certain times of the day.

So really, this is what you would do and you'd be done.
  1. Set up a profile and specify which wallpaper to use
  2. Add a rule that says "Activate this profile during these hours"
  3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 as many times as you need (however many time periods you want to set up).

So in a nutshell, it does do what you need, but is also $4 and you'd be using about 1/50th of the functionality it's intended for. If you want to check it out, there is a free version, but it only supports one profile, but would allow you to at least look to see if it meets your needs since you could set up one profile and a rule to activate it.

FWIW, it also has a 1x1 widget to allow easy "manual" switching of profiles (for example, I switch to my "meeting" profile which silences everything when in a meeting....or the stall :))

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Just want something simple. Don't need an entire $4 app for switching wallpaper. I can't believe theres no plain an simple way to do this. Gay

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Just want something simple. Don't need an entire $4 app for switching wallpaper. I can't believe theres no plain an simple way to do this. Gay

Please don't use "gay" as a substitute for the word lame. Thank you. As for paying $4, while I agree there should be some more alternatives out there, $4 for something you'll use every single day isn't much money. Skip a few cokes and it's paid for.

Nic

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
You're an annoying little f#$k. Good luck finding you answer when you re shooting your mouth off to everyone who has tried to help.

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
You're an annoying little f#$k. Good luck finding you answer when you re shooting your mouth off to everyone who has tried to help.
Annoying for specifying what I'm looking for? No I think not. My last comment was only dismissing the stupid remark to not use the word gay because people take stuff too seriously. its not like I was trying to be offensive and it IS annoying when people take everything as a personal attack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781