Help resizing an image?

Nirvana328

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
"Praia da Ursa-Sintra-Portugal. A blue hour seascape..."

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7b/Seascape_after_sunset.jpg

Taken from wikipedia, here:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_hour

I know the image caption says, "wide angle" but I was wondering if someone on here could help shrink it down so I get as much of the wide angle as possible without cropping too much off the sides or warping it too much or whatever. Obviously I'm not very graphically savvy, so any help would be appreciated. I'm using a Nexus One, so I'm assuming something around 960x800 pixels would work, but whatever you can fix up would be great, thanks!

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
"Praia da Ursa-Sintra-Portugal. A blue hour seascape..."

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7b/Seascape_after_sunset.jpg

Taken from wikipedia, here:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_hour

I know the image caption says, "wide angle" but I was wondering if someone on here could help shrink it down so I get as much of the wide angle as possible without cropping too much off the top or whatever. Obviously I'm not very graphically savvy, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

what size are you looking for? what device?

Nirvana328

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm using a Nexus One, so I'm assuming something around 960x800 pixels would work, but whatever you can fix up would be great, thanks!

Prospekt

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
Something like this?

Seascape_after_sunse2t.jpg

cmw6300

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking to make my own wallpapers for the Galaxy S on T-Mobile and would like some tips on how to do it. IIRC, the resolution is 480X800? In essence, I should be able to use Photoshop to resize to the correct size right? Thanks in advance guys!!

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
What I do instead of just trying to resize bigger images is open a new blank document in Photoshop then open whatever image you're trying to make into a wallpaper and put it in the blank document. Then resize the image and try to get it to fit I. The square as best as you can. It helps me to visualize what the actual image will look like on the screen. I have a template I use to center things too. I will upload it when I get home late tonight if anybody is interested.

cmw6300

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Cool, thanks man. I have been using Photoshop to resize but the end picture doesn't look as clear as the original. I'm not quite sure what I'm not doing right.

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Here are the templates I was talking about. One is 960x854 and one is 960x800. Just add that on top of the image you're working on and set the transparency lower so you can see through it and resize the image to fit well with the template. Remember to hide the template before saving your new image.

The "widget" on top of the template is the beautiful home smaller widget. I just have it there so I know not to put to much detail there so the wallpaper doesn't get covered up to much.

cmw6300

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I read somewhere that the resolution the Galaxy S phones is 480X800, is this correct? I see that most peoples images are set to 960X800. I was just wondering since when I size something to 480X800 it looks really wierd.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
the 960x800 resolution images are to accommodate background scrolling.have you noticed when changing homescreens, your background shifts slightly? that is why the need for a 960x800 image. unless you set your background to static for all homescreens, this is the resolution you should make your images.

that is unless you have a Motorola Droid, Droid X, or Droid 2. which would then require the 960x854 images

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay