30 Good Evo Wallpapers I Resized

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded and tested in a virtual environment within a Linux OS. The files look good, just the wrong resolution.

guitarjockey

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Really?? I'm so sorry guys. Everywhere I looked someone was stating it was 800x480 for the screen resolution on the evo so that's what I went with. If I knew it was 960x480 I totally would have gone with that.

So sorry guys.

guitarjockey

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
So I asked around at xda and checked out a couple tech blogs like wired and they all say the resolution is 800x480. So there's shouldn't be a problem with the resolution.

guitarjockey

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Even with the 800x480 you can't even size it to that full height. The Evo makes you crop it down. So if I went with 960x800 would you even be able to get the full wallpaper?

Klubhead

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Even with the 800x480 you can't even size it to that full height. The Evo makes you crop it down. So if I went with 960x800 would you even be able to get the full wallpaper?

960x800 works like a charm.. i just posted a bunch of CoD: Black Ops WP's i resized.. they're all 960x800. after opening the pic to set as wallpaper, just press the corner of the crop square and drag it out to fit the entire wallpaper

guitarjockey

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
960x800 works like a charm.. i just posted a bunch of CoD: Black Ops WP's i resized.. they're all 960x800. after opening the pic to set as wallpaper, just press the corner of the crop square and drag it out to fit the entire wallpaper

Yeah everytime I do that though it resizes to height but never width.

guitarjockey

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
whaa really? mine keep the ratio even and both branch out to crop the entire picture.. weird..

Are you running sense or are you running a rooted rom with vanilla?

Because I'm really curious as to why. My fiance's evo does the same thing it only allows you to crop height and not width.

Klubhead

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Are you running sense or are you running a rooted rom with vanilla?

Because I'm really curious as to why. My fiance's evo does the same thing it only allows you to crop height and not width.

im running a straight up stock evo... this is exactly what i do..

from the home screen, menu, wallpaper, gallery, gallery again (i have astro installed so it gives me the choice), All downloads (thats where i have my wp's stored), click the wallpaper, then i see the wallpaper w/ a cropped square inside of it cutting off the outsides by a little bit, i press and hold the corner of the crop square (double headed arrows appear in each middle side of the square) then i drag out toward the corner of the wallpaper

guitarjockey

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
im running a straight up stock evo... this is exactly what i do..

from the home screen, menu, wallpaper, gallery, gallery again (i have astro installed so it gives me the choice), All downloads (thats where i have my wp's stored), click the wallpaper, then i see the wallpaper w/ a cropped square inside of it cutting off the outsides by a little bit, i press and hold the corner of the crop square (double headed arrows appear in each middle side of the square) then i drag out toward the corner of the wallpaper

I figured out what it is. I made some more wallpapers on XDA Developer that are 960x800 and they resize to full size. So I think it depends on the resolution of the wallpaper.

Sonicaholic

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Check the sticky for the incredible wallpappers I have uploaded 50 at a rez of 960/800 maybe it would be better to do these by wallpapper rez so we dont end up with 20 threads all doing the same thing.

guitarjockey

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I posted a TON of Evo wallpapers that I've made in the thread http://forum.androidcentral.com/wallpapers-ringtones-themes/18522-minimalistic-evo-wallpapers.html and all of them work perfectly on the Evo with 960 x 800 format. Hopefully you still have the originals so it doesn't look distorted trying to convert them back.

What sucks is I don't have the originals :( So I'm not even gonna try t resize them because I know they will look bad.

But I made another pack of 16 wallpapers over at xda. If you want to check them out here ya go.

Sixteen 960x800 Wallpapers on XDA

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante