BlackBerry Ringtones

Nimocone

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Your phone should play mp3 files. Either using your computer or a free app like Astro, create a folder on your external microsd card (if it doesn't already exist) called "media". Then create a folder inside of that called "ringtones". Move your ringtone files there. On your phone, press the menu button. Go to "settings" then "sound" and "voice call ringtone". It should show up as a choice in there.

whiting1977

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
This is great. I just switched over from Blackberry and I have come accustomed to their ringtones. So for someone who is tech challenged and is just experiencing Android for the very first time, how do I get one of these ringtones into my HTC Amaze and to where it shows up in the list of ringtones?
Thanks

Daystrom5

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
In order to set a ringtone as a notification you must create a folder called "notifications", all lower case letters and, of course, no quotations around the word (mine is on my SD card) and place the audio file in there.
Hope that helps.

bornmarch93

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I tried doing this but an error popped up saying that the disk was write-protected and that I should either remove the write-protection or remove the disk. I have no disk in my computer in the first place. What do I do? By the way, I am using an actual blackberry text message alert ringtone rather than a caller ringtone. I did everything you said but it won't allow me to insert the notifications folder with the blackberry folder.
:(:(

Nimocone

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I tried doing this but an error popped up saying that the disk was write-protected and that I should either remove the write-protection or remove the disk. I have no disk in my computer in the first place. What do I do? By the way, I am using an actual blackberry text message alert ringtone rather than a caller ringtone. I did everything you said but it won't allow me to insert the notifications folder with the blackberry folder.
:(:(

If I'm reading your complaint correctly, he was saying to create that folder on your sd card on your phone, not your home computer. Then move the files over into that new folder.

HALFRIGHT

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
New member here and joined so I could get the BB ringtones.
Downloaded the zip file to my computer but it extracts only 3 tones and none of them are BB ringtones. Getting error message that the zip file is bad.

What am I missing?

Rustle_UP

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
For like, I dunno, 5 years now, I've been looking for a specific blackberry alert. It was called "Zen", I used to set it as my text alert, and it had this odd effect of sounding like it came from no specific place... hard to explain. but any chance you could hook me up with that pretty please? :)

Brian Marks2

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi, thanks for your helpful info and link. Much appreciated! I'm running a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and I downloaded the file. When i go to settings> sound> Message, i don't see the ringtone there. Can you please assist me? Thanks!

Side note: i don't have an sd card. Can it still be done on the device?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis