DroidX wallpaper questions

DroidRage79

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I've resized images to be 960x854 but I cannot figure out how to have them set as wallpaper. Whenever I go to Astro and use "Set As" it gives me a crop box which is fixed in size. But I already formatted the image to 960x854 and this then cuts it down further like another 35%. This causes it to look like crap.

Is there a better way to load/set wallpaper images that are already correctly sized? Also how can I get them to show up in the wallpaper gallery?

dukeslb56

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't have astro so I don't know if it works the same, but I just long press on a home screen the select wallpapers>media gallery. If I choose one of my pictures, it gives me a crop box, too. However, I can resize the crop box, and if the image is already 960x854, then I can resize the box perfectly so nothing gets cropped.

Edit: I just put my pictures/wallpapers in the download folder and they show up in the media gallery.

DroidRage79

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I am trying it but cannot get the crop box to resize? I tried pinch-to-zoom and it didnt work, also tried double tapping, long tapping, and the menu button. How did you do it?

DroidRage79

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Nevermind, I just tried it again and found that pressing a corner or center of a side of the box makes arrows appear. Thanks again!!

bigsmoove

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
i tried it with Astro as well...Astro would let me select the image, then but would never save it as my wallpaper i wanted. i uninstalled it, went with the default method, and selected my pic as necessary. works great now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo