Entire photo fitting: wallpaper question

sanibel

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to fit an entire photo into a wallpaper? When I try fitting a photo, it always enlarges it and parts of the photo don't show. I know when I tried fitting a photo into my Blackberry's wallpaper, it was automatically fitted. Thanks in advance.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Androids are not Blackberry... that's fairly obvious... as part of that the screen resolutions are significantly different... and there is the fact that Androids have multiple screen sections that can be scrolled (maybe not the correct wording, but you get the point). Blackberry's had fixed screen resolutions, whereas you can use higher resolution images on your Android.

Most images I create as Wallpaper's for my myTouch 4G is 960x800... most images I take with my 5MP camera are 2593x1456... even though I can use those images it will crop the image to fit the screen resolution of the device.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Also you can download an app callled "Multipicture live wallpaper" by IIIT using this you can put a full picture on each home screen.

sanibel

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Most images I create as Wallpaper's for my myTouch 4G is 960x800... most images I take with my 5MP camera are 2593x1456... even though I can use those images it will crop the image to fit the screen resolution of the device.
Thanks! So in theory, any 960x800 photo should fit nicely on my MT4G?
Also you can download an app callled "Multipicture live wallpaper" by IIIT using this you can put a full picture on each home screen.
Thanks, I was hoping for something like that: I'll give it a try.
Update: Tried Multipicture live wallpaper but couldn't get it started. I followed the directions on this site but to no avail. Does it work with LauncherPro?

Last edited:

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! So in theory, any 960x800 photo should fit nicely on my MT4G?

960x800 work perfectly for the MT4G. I also use some smaller images such as a 640x480 that are stock images from HTC, but it crops a little of the left and right when I pull down on the bottom crop line.

When you hold down on an open part of the screen and get Wallpaper, find your wallpaper or image you want to use, more times than not it will have a smaller crop are for the screen... just put your finger on the one of the lines and you should see a double arrow show up on all the lines, just drag it all the way out to the full width of the image and then if you have extra on the left or right you can drag the box around until you are happy with what is being cropped, then just click Save to see how it looks.

irezloe217

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Edit: I use launcher pro as well. My phone is a new Samsung Captivate running 2.1, un-rooted.

I find that many Android users who have been users for longer than a month tend to not understand this complaint.

I had the same issue. I'd take a picture of my fiancee, and when using it for a wallpaper I couldn't use the whole thing. And then it would stretch it to fit. I also use Launcher Pro, and only use one homescreen, so it's pointless for me to stretch.

After almost a week of investigating and searching, my solution was this:
I got the app "MultiPicture Live Wallpaper". It's designed to allow different pictures fitted to each homescreen. Pretty cool idea. I use it for the purpose of setting up a wallpaper on my only homescreen. Seems to do a fairly stand up job so far.

Last edited: