10-02-2011 08:50 PM
294 123 ...
tools
    Looks like Tama is already working on skin support:
    "People should start working on beautiful weather skins as I started to work on skin support."-Tama Chan/levelupstudio
    01-12-2010 02:00 PM
    Any linkies to theme kits?

Thanks,

Phil.
    01-12-2010 02:29 PM
    First theme!

We have to wait a little while longer until he updates with theme support though.
    Also, based on the looks of this mockup, he really does have a good relationship with HTC now. Hey flipclock!
    blackface likes this.
    01-14-2010 01:42 PM
    I dont dig the flip clock. I got used to the Droid font.
    01-14-2010 02:20 PM
    I don't dig the flip clock, but then, I am perfectly happy with my smaller clock and look forwards to the update with the theming kit.

I would like the templates to knock up themes in Eclipse as soon as he has them ready so I can do an awesome steampunk clock...
    01-14-2010 02:43 PM
    He just released the template for skinning the widget. It's on his twitter.
    01-15-2010 08:14 AM
    I'm just worried this skinning will slow down the phone itself.
    01-15-2010 10:49 AM
    He just released the template for skinning the widget. It's on his twitter.
    Link please?

Phil.
    01-15-2010 10:53 AM
    01-15-2010 10:55 AM
    Thanks mate. I can at least start playing around with designs before the full kit comes out and see how they look.

I have ideas for rather ornate backgrounds taking the best from the steampunk world. Now to search my Second Life textures and certain web sites I know for components...

Phil.
    01-15-2010 11:03 AM
    Thanks mate. I can at least start playing around with designs before the full kit comes out and see how they look.

I have ideas for rather ornate backgrounds taking the best from the steampunk world. Now to search my Second Life textures and certain web sites I know for components...

Phil.
    Post some samples Phil. I liked your Android root screen.
    01-15-2010 11:04 AM
    Post some samples Phil. I liked your Android root screen.
    I assume you mean the rather naughty ones I did with that grin?

I am thinking of a dark brown photo plate texture for the background then find some way of decorating the number panes with some kind of filigree...

I have also found some nice steampunk background textures on a CC license through deviant art, so that could also be a possibility for later additions.

Phil.
    01-15-2010 11:42 AM
    I'm just worried this skinning will slow down the phone itself.
    Someone asked and he said no earlier today. However, every phone reacts differently. I really wish there was a way to rename the file and have 2 back ups. 1 of the new and one of the old.
    01-15-2010 11:44 AM
    Someone asked and he said no earlier today. However, every phone reacts differently. I really wish there was a way to rename the file and have 2 back ups. 1 of the new and one of the old.
    There is, just grab the version you have backed up and transfer it onto your desktop, rename it, and transfer it back onto your SDcard. Then just backup the new version and your set.
    01-15-2010 11:49 AM
    There is, just grab the version you have backed up and transfer it onto your desktop, rename it, and transfer it back onto your SDcard. Then just backup the new version and your set.
    I'll give that a shot.
    01-15-2010 12:08 PM
    I'll give that a shot.
    Should work. I have both the new version, and the old version of BW on my SDcard, on the same directory. Shoot, you could always just place them in separate directories.
    01-15-2010 12:27 PM
    Just a sample image from the Songs theme I am working on.

Maybe I should make them slightly transparent or does Beautiful Widgets set the transparency itself? I dunno.

The numbers are gonna be a PITA for me to do. I might just tint them an appropriate colour and have done with it.

Phil.

01-15-2010 12:46 PM
    It worked. I renamed one old and the new one new.
    LOL.
    That will make them easier to find.
    01-15-2010 12:46 PM

Maybe I should make them slightly transparent or does Beautiful Widgets set the transparency itself? I dunno.

The numbers are gonna be a PITA for me to do. I might just tint them an appropriate colour and have done with it.

Phil.

You gonna use white numbers Phil?
    01-15-2010 12:47 PM

Phil.

Looks nice! Yea the numbers are gonna be a PITA for me too, but, I guess i'll have to do them?

And DA6 I'm glad it worked =p
    01-15-2010 12:53 PM
    I guess I can just stick a new transparent layer set to multiply mode and just fill a solid colour into that new layer, thus tinting the number underneath, or paste in a texture for textured numbers...

I will make a separate folder with the numbers and dots in and just mess around with them in the GIMP. There's only one way to find out, after all...

One thing I would like to see happen with the BW update is for the current clock designs to be kept as options with the "new" clock face as a third widget option as I do rather like the two current ones, and would hate it if they were dropped. I prefer those two over the HTC-type design myself. And more options is always good for sales...

Phil.
    01-15-2010 12:57 PM
    I bet what he'll do is list the skins like the current version lists the 3 different fonts.
    01-15-2010 01:18 PM
    Probably.

It might be that one could override the theme's number fonts with the standard ones, although why one would want to when the theme maker has gone to all that trouble to make the numbers go with his theme is anyone's guess.

I still have to re-tint those numbers for the Songs theme I am working on, but I have been doing other stuff right now like updating my web site with a new blog entry and stuff...

There's never enough hours in the day, is there?

Phil.
    01-15-2010 02:07 PM
    It was easy to do as I described in an earlier post.

Just remember when saving as PNG that you DO NOT want to save the background colour in order to preserve transparencies.

Phil.
    01-15-2010 02:58 PM
    How'd you retint the numbers? Did you grab the image files that come in the example folder? Or did you use the PSD and do everything from scratch? Just wanna know before hand since I'm looking to start on them when I get home.
    01-15-2010 03:31 PM
294 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD