Creating images/Work in Progress

cincyrob

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
not sure if this is a good name for this thread. what i wanted to do is have a place for beginners like myself to post wallpapers ect that they have created for others to comment on. or give tips,how to's or any advise on how to create a cool wallpaper within photoshop. no since in robbing someone else's thread with questions on how to do this that and another.

here are a few things i have tried out. the main images is one of Cyber Warrior's images. i have borrowed and trying to learn with. i think this design is totally awsome.

is there a way to change the inner color without effecting the actual outter honeykomb color?

androidhoneykomb.png

cincyrob2-1.jpg

AndoridTest.jpg

Mods: if im wrong in starting this thread i apologize i didnt see anything else along these lines. feel free to move it where need be or close it down.:cool:

Reactions: thekid

cincyrob

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
ok a little more help from a few of the pros here and i came up with this one.
slowly getting the idea of how to change the inner and outer colors along with adding the cool text. not only the font type but adding the 3dish look to it along with the fading of the colors in the text. the red isnt as bright red as i want it but im working on it.

SilverAndroid.jpg

if anyone likes this design and wants a custom color/colors and any form of text ask and let me see if and what i can come up with. it hard to come up with orginal ideas right now and trying to learn how to do it..lol

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Just playing around with the core red inner ball, grey outside ball... here is my Vikings colored ball version of this:

honeykombVikings.jpg

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
What program are you guys using?
Please don't say the $700 photoshop prog.
I've heard of gimp and Paint shop pro.
Any recomendations? Preferably free/cheap for a newbie to fuss around with.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok how did you get the Viking in there?

The Vikings outline did take me time... I started with the 2000px Vikings png file from Wikipedia, removed all the colors except the black by outputting png files with making different colors invisible, then opening that new one, finally removing all the white. Then just sizing it down to a good sized image for each circle.

I use Paintshop Pro X3... it cost about $100... you might be able to do this with a free package, but I've used Paintshop Pro since version 6 or 7... so I'm fairly familiar with it... and I don't mind spending $100 or a little less for the upgrade price.

cincyrob

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
ok got some in black and white, and then white and black or grey and black how ever your eyes adjust. then i added a little flair to it....lol amazed at them myself.

whiteandblack.jpg

BlackandWhite-1.jpg

Budweiser.jpg

i love this one... seeing we was talking football..lol im gonna do me a Reds one. let me know if there is something you want or colors with a team maybe.

Raider.jpg

fell free to use what ever.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
One key about doing this is to erase the edges of the image that fall in the shadows or under a lip to make it look like the image is part of the ball underneath, at least IMHO... something like this:

HDHoneykombOrange.jpg

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
It'd be cool if you could make the images look like they were bending with the sphere. Try and see if you could make it look flush as if it were actually printed on the sphere itself

Reactions: cincyrob

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site

cincyrob

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
One key about doing this is to erase the edges of the image that fall in the shadows or under a lip to make it look like the image is part of the ball underneath, at least IMHO... something like this:

HDHoneykombOrange.jpg

what do you do to erase the edges? i see what you mean and it does look alot better. magic eraser?? ive been useing that for some if the white stuff left over.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
what do you do to erase the edges? i see what you mean and it does look alot better. magic eraser?? ive been useing that for some if the white stuff left over.

Like I said I use Paintshop Pro... it has an Eraser tool... after I create each layer and position it I use the Eraser tool to remove the parts that I need to... then move onto the next layer, etc, etc, etc.

Enjoy... it's all part of the learning process. :D

There are even more effects I could add to make each look even better, but it's a trade off of time verses look... would the extra effort really add a lot to the final product... maybe, but I like how that Harley one turned out.