Ok .. I have searched this and found nothing.

I am wondering do I own my WebOS apps or does the operating system own it ... I know there are plenty of the same developers with the same Applications on many of the the different platforms ... If I purchased the App from GAMELOFT in WebOS ... Will I be allowed to download it through Android Market on my EVO if available ... I mean I have already paid for it and i own the App right?

Please advise.
    06-02-2010 03:45 PM
    Nope. different platforms have different prices. Just buy the game/app again. That's waht I plan on doing.
    06-02-2010 03:47 PM
    If you buy Microsoft Office for your PC and then switch to a Mac, don't you have to buy a Mac version of Office? Well, there ya go. The phone doesn't own your apps, the OS does (as you can login with the same account in multiple devices), as it's the way with everything.
    06-02-2010 03:50 PM
    Perhaps you could contact the app developers and see if they can work something out for you.

I'm fortunate that I've only bought a few cheap apps for my Pre.
    06-02-2010 03:50 PM
    Some developers allow you to user your license across platforms. I've got one that I started using in Palm OS, now have it in WinMo and they have a beta for Android. I contacted them and they said I don't have to pay again.

Another one, I've had to pay each move and will again for the Android version.

If it's an app worth having, then support the developer so that they'll continue to do updates. Nobody likes to work for free.
    06-02-2010 05:45 PM
    usually you are buying a license for that operating system, however some developers are nice and will let you have the version for free on your next phone. most wont tho because how do they know you arent still using the old os and software. like someone else said above if you purchase a license for something on windows, you will most likely have to purchase that license again to be used on mac, or linux as well Kinda sucks i know but thats how it is
    06-02-2010 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD