I'm currently a Verizon Pre+ user and I'm pretty disappointed in 2.0 to be honest.

Some of the features are nice but what about a real Google Maps application. And not to mention the 'To Many Cards' Error on the "new" Pre 2 which is so much better. Just think about how poorly it's going to run on the current Pre and Pre+.

Not only that but Apple is having their "Back to Mac" event tomorrow and pretty much anything Apple announces will overshadow HP webOS.

One more thing HP is als picking a horrible launch window. Right before the rumored iPhone on Verizon and nearly the same time as Gingerbread.

If only Android wqsnt so fragmented then I would switch in a heartbeat.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pr
    10-19-2010 10:13 PM
    The first device to run webOS 2.0, HP's new Palm Pre 2 smartphone, will be available on Friday in France from SFR and is scheduled to be available in the coming months in the United States from Verizon Wireless and in Canada.webOS 2.0 offers consumers compelling application experiences not available on any other platform, while providing developers an unparalleled level of openness to integrate their applications and services. The next generation of webOS makes it easier to get more done:
    In any case, all this apparent delay is good for one company in particular, and that's Apple. It's iPad continues to be the flagship device of this market segment, and the longer competitors wait, the further it will get out ahead. Time is of the essence here.
    11-17-2010 12:17 AM
    I'm currently a Verizon Pre+ user and I'm pretty disappointed in 2.0 to be honest.

Some of the features are nice but what about a real Google Maps application. And not to mention the 'To Many Cards' Error on the "new" Pre 2 which is so much better. Just think about how poorly it's going to run on the current Pre and Pre+.

Not only that but Apple is having their "Back to Mac" event tomorrow and pretty much anything Apple announces will overshadow HP webOS.

One more thing HP is als picking a horrible launch window. Right before the rumored iPhone on Verizon and nearly the same time as Gingerbread.

If only Android wqsnt so fragmented then I would switch in a heartbeat.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pr
    TMC on a Pre 2? have you really seen this? especially back before it was released anywhere when you made this thread?
    11-18-2010 08:21 AM
    I believe I read on Engadget that they still got TMC problems on the Pre 2.

Fragmentation....uhm....as long as you don't get the bottom of the line device, fragmentation is really not an issue anymore on Android. At least in my opinon. I have an Evo and after Froyo was announced, I was kind of worried that it will take a while before the Evo gets Froyo because the Evo is running HTC Sense, well, it took no time at all for us to get Froyo. Most other high end phones are running Froyo as well, save for the Galaxy S phones, but they should be getting theres shortly. Donut and Eclair devices are now the exception rather than the rule, and most of the Apps in the Market run on any 2.x device.

So while there will always be more than one version of Android active in the world, developers seem pretty quick in updating their Apps to run with the newest version, and most apps don't have any problems running on older versions since Google always is ahead of the curve. You won't find an App that only runs on 2.3 before 2.3 is release obviously.

Switch to Android, you won't regret it, I didn't.
    11-18-2010 11:54 AM
    Oh wow. I hadn't heard of tmc on the 2. They need to tighten things up, codewise, or throw crazy hardware at it. Or, ideally, both.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    11-18-2010 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD