New products

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I was really hoping to see something that would make me want to drop my EVO and go back to WebOS, but I'm not impressed with the Pre 3.

1. Same form factor as the original Pre that has already proven to be unsuccsessful.

2. No 4G = Fail

3. <4" screen = Fail

4. No SD card = Fail

5. "High capacity" 1350 mAh battery = Fail

Seems like they are just playing catch up with other devices that are currently on the market. By the time it's released, it will be outdated.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Tapatalk

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think the pre 3 combined with the touchpad is a killer combo.and consider this: the myTouch 4G had a 3.7" screen and is one of the fastest android handsets on any carrier.

As for older devices not getting upgraded this really shouldn't be news. What company supports all their products forever? Especially in the cell phone world.

I will personally reserve final judgment until reviews come in or I play with one in person. Will it be enough to get me to switch back webOS? Probably not entirely. But the touchpad has me thinking about getting a non-android tablet (and I was set on the g-slate or Nook color with GB on it).

webOS internals will have the 1.4ghz snapdragon up to 2ghz, too. You can count on that.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I think the pre 3 combined with the touchpad is a killer combo.and consider this: the myTouch 4G had a 3.7" screen and is one of the fastest android handsets on any carrier.

As for older devices not getting upgraded this really shouldn't be news. What company supports all their products forever? Especially in the cell phone world.

I will personally reserve final judgment until reviews come in or I play with one in person. Will it be enough to get me to switch back webOS? Probably not entirely. But the touchpad has me thinking about getting a non-android tablet (and I was set on the g-slate or Nook color with GB on it).

webOS internals will have the 1.4ghz snapdragon up to 2ghz, too. You can count on that.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

The issue about the older pre not getting updated was that Palm and HPalm both promised repeatedly about the Pre minus and Pixie will be upgrade. And they literarily promised.

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Pre3 looks like a great device. But too much like it's failed predecessor.

Veer = fail. Just don't see the market for that. Just get a Pre3 why don't you?

The 2 biggest issues though is time to release which is wayyyy to long and not enough form factor variety in the line up. They need a vert slider, a "berry" and a 4" slab.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
The issue about the older pre not getting updated was that Palm and HPalm both promised repeatedly about the Pre minus and Pixie will be upgrade. And they literarily promised.

They didn't literally promise. Quite different actually.

None of their new products interest me.

Sent from my eVo

jjeffcoat

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Sorry.... the more I get used to Android, the less I miss webOS. Something I once never thought I would say.

The new devices look nice, but too little, too late. And nothing at all on Sprint, as far as I can see.

Still can't find a podcast app I like as much as drPodder. :(