Pre 3 Anyone?

TaeKwonDonkey

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
I've always been interesting in WebOS devices but I don't think I would switch unless the developer following grew close to the level Android was at a max of 4 months ago. And they would have to release a phone for T-Mobile as well.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I would play with one to see what's it all about, but as for as going back to Webos - now that's another topic.

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
That will still be a no for me. For some reason it never caught my attention even though here in Canada; the Pre was pushed hard (advertised and promoted) for two months.

stashu11

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I switched from the Pre to the EVO a few months back. I loved my Pre, but like my EVO a lot more. I'm glad to see they are making a bigger Pre, but it's too little too late for me.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I use to own the original droid, the palm pre plus, the droid x, And now the incredible... I love my phone in the abilities but hands down the user interface holds nothing to webOS! The only reason I left palm was because of the crappy hardware, I was already on my fifth phone..
I am not sure if I will get the pre 3 when it comes available, I am definitely looking at the tablet though.
Basically what it comes down to it everything was so much easier on webOS!!! They just need more apps and better hardware!

-Sent from my HTC incredible via Tapatalk

mysticturner

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I too held on for the Feb 9th announcement. All it did for me was force the move to Android. My wife's contract was up for new phone so she got an Epic 4G about 3 weeks ago. I get mine next weekend.

Two problems with the Pre3 as I see it. First, it probably won't be out until after Labor day. Second, it's just not enough. I mean, no 4G???? And who knows if it'll be Sprint or not? A distant third, and really not a factor for me, is that I don't think HP's plans will result in sales of the phone.

jjeffcoat

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Two problems with the Pre3 as I see it. First, it probably won't be out until after Labor day. Second, it's just not enough. I mean, no 4G???? And who knows if it'll be Sprint or not? A distant third, and really not a factor for me, is that I don't think HP's plans will result in sales of the phone.

Nothing I've heard about the Pre-3 indicates CDMA, WiMAX, or LTE. Which says to me that it won't be on either Sprint or Verizon.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'll never switch back over to that piece of garbage. Far as I care, Palm can shove it. Pre is one of the worst phones I've ever seen.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a Pre-. Waiting patiently for the EVO3D. Im eager to join the Android faithful. I love webOS but I hate the Pre. It's slow, takes forever to boot, hesitates, loads apps slowly, and is overall very unresponsive even overclocked to 1ghz. I have no desire for the Pre3, I would be a fool to go down that road again. What will be diff? Has the OS been optimized? Hardware accelerated? Tons of developers? So what, it has a bigger screen and a FF camera. IF webos survivives and thrives ill go back, but until then...

3rdsurfer

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
i hope to see a future for webOS. i miss it a lot, even though i love having the hardware of the Evo3D. its a great phone, but i feel like the os holds it back a lot. the only thing i like about the os is it has had more money and a larger community to add onto it. if webOS had the same resources, it would overtake droid in a matter of months

heidenis

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been able to pick up a Pre3 second-hand over here (Netherlands), wanted to try it alongside my Touchpad (also purchased from a previous owner). The Touchpad runs Cyanogenmod 7 now and I only use the Pre3 for my work-only simcard. My Galaxy S2 beats the Pre3 hands down in almost every respect. I agree with one of the posters somewhere up here in the list: webOs, pretty face, nice multitasking concept and that's it. Pre3: lack of software and no more developing of the os, no way it was ever going to be a succes. HP killed a great concept in so many ways..:'( TouchPad: will survive on Android for sure.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz