hello all,
    I have a situation. I installed the Wechat international version. Based on geography, I'm US user. Besides, Wexin, I have another way to contact with one native Chinese citizen friend.

When I traveled to Zheng Zhou city, I forget to add that friend Wechat. However, I did leave my Wechat QR code to another friend. Another friend delivered my Wechat QR code to my friend. My friend scanned my Wechat code, sent a friend request. However, I didn't receive anything from my side.

When I tried to send a "friend request" to that native Chinese friend on Wechat, I believe it's the same problem.

Personally, I think it's GWF - Chine Great Firewall - is the reason who block all foreigner signal, IP address to get inside China.

I want to add my native Chinese friend through Wechat. What I can do to sent SUCCESSFUL "friend request" to my native Chinese friend?

By using VPN - virtual private network-> but more specifically what kind of VPN? I know ExpressVPN cannot for sure.

Thank you in advance and sorry in advance if my post here violence the forum rules.
    Gnekoda (it's my nickname. My Wechat ID: [redacted by Mod]
    06-17-2019 02:16 PM
    Personally, I think it's GWF - Chine Great Firewall - is the reason who block all foreigner signal, IP address to get inside China.
    When you're in China, you have a Chinese IP address. The IP address goes with the connection, not with the device. If you're connected to a foreign VPN, you show a foreign IP address.

I want to add my native Chinese friend through Wechat. What I can do to sent SUCCESSFUL "friend request" to my native Chinese friend?
    Email Wechat and ask them. If it works in China, it should work.

By using VPN - virtual private network-> but more specifically what kind of VPN? I know ExpressVPN cannot for sure.
    Not by using a VPN. That makes you look as if you're located where the VPN's server is located - that's not what you want. When you're in China, you look like you're in China. When you're not in China, you may want to use a VPN that's located in China - or your friend may want to use one that isn't.

Thank you in advance and sorry in advance if my post here violence the forum rules.
    No violation - Asking questions about phones and apps is why we're here.
    06-17-2019 02:41 PM
    I moved this to the WeChat forum for more specific traffic. Also redacted your WeChat ID -- in general, we discourage giving any identifying information in your posts, to protect your privacy. You can always tell people to send you a Private Message through the forums if you want to share this kind of info, thanks!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-17-2019 03:51 PM