How To Fix My Locked Account?

bullocky

Sep 15, 2017
Visit site
What's the easiest way for me to fix this?

I had wechat on my phone. I got a new phone. Put the old SIM in it. There seemed to be no wechat so I downloaded and installed etc.. got it running.

Then yesterday it stopped. Said some problem with my account. I'm thinking maybe because now two accounts.

Get 'help friend' thing it says. But I have no one to ask for this.

Would uninstall and reinstall be better? But I can't know I'd uninstall two accounts if I've got two..

Make a new account - can I do that with the same phone, just use a different names, email account?

what?

or maybe someone here can help me with this help friend thing?

EDIT:

I can't see how to answer the answer I got - this seems the only way to post anything...

How do I 'reset' the account, please?

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
What's the easiest way for me to fix this?

I had wechat on my phone. I got a new phone. Put the old SIM in it. There seemed to be no wechat so I downloaded and installed etc.. got it running.

Then yesterday it stopped. Said some problem with my account. I'm thinking maybe because now two accounts.

Get 'help friend' thing it says. But I have no one to ask for this.

Would uninstall and reinstall be better? But I can't know I'd uninstall two accounts if I've got two..

Make a new account - can I do that with the same phone, just use a different names, email account?

what?

or maybe someone here can help me with this help friend thing?
Unfortunately you need to reset your account and put your credentials to get back going .

bullocky

Sep 15, 2017
Visit site
ah.. found the 'post reply' thing. Don't know why I couldn't see it before. Just too dumb I guess.

So how do I reset and put credentials - I can't log in to do anything and I haven't found those options presented to me anywhere outside....

Going through the hoops of the login procedure I now have to face they keep sending me number codes of two types: one 'to log in' and the other 'to remove wechat restrictions' - but, of course, it removes nothing it seems.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
ah.. found the 'post reply' thing. Don't know why I couldn't see it before. Just too dumb I guess.

So how do I reset and put credentials - I can't log in to do anything and I haven't found those options presented to me anywhere outside....

Going through the hoops of the login procedure I now have to face they keep sending me number codes of two types: one 'to log in' and the other 'to remove wechat restrictions' - but, of course, it removes nothing it seems.
I'm sorry I was thinking something else
This is a messaging app or something?

bullocky

Sep 15, 2017
Visit site
"wechat" You've not heard of it? Neither had I until a couple of months ago. Very big on the Asian scene. Chinese thing. Yes, messenger app. I suppose. Skype kind of thing is how I think of it.

I suppose you simply can't help if you don't know the app.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled and it all went well until the very end when it started up again saying it had found irregularities... or something...

weird.

Typically things tell you what's wrong and what to do don't they? Not this. Chinese.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
"wechat" You've not heard of it? Neither had I until a couple of months ago. Very big on the Asian scene. Chinese thing. Yes, messenger app. I suppose. Skype kind of thing is how I think of it.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled and it all went well until the very end when it started up again saying it had found irregularities... or something...

weird.

Typically things tell you what's wrong and what to do don't they? Not this. Chinese.
Yeah never heard of it lol
But that doesn't mean I can't help out.
So you have issue log in ?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Installing the app on a dozen phones with the same information is still one WeChat account. But when you installed the second one, did you install it as "new account" or as "existing account". New account would have created a second account. If you installed it to your existing account, email support@wechat.com for help. Their help center is at https://help.wechat.com/oshelpcenter.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site

weird.

It says irregularities? Can you post that screenshot?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC