WiFi Connection Intermittent Issue.

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Intermittently when I go to whatsapp on mobile the app just stops working until I turn off my home wifi, as soon as I do this the app starts to work as normal, and when I switch on wifi again the app continues to work normal until the next time when it will do this again.

I point out that it may be some days before the issue is back again, in other words it will continue to be fine on wifi until the issue decides to return.

I have reported this to whatsapp, and their auto reply seems to think that it's a privacy setting issue on whatsapp itself but it can't be as I have the privacy settings to show last seen times for all my contacts.

Is there a setting on my wifi configuration that could help with this?

I use the latest Whatsapp version.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
When you say 'it stops working', does the app completely stops responding or you're just not getting/sending messages? Some routers might need you to allow traffic from the app specifically, but I don't think this is your case as these are usually corporate networks.

Have you tried clearing cache on the app? Or maybe uninstalling/re-installing?

The only time I don't get notifications or I get intermittent connectivity with Whatsapp is when I'm on a corporate network that blocks those ports directly or Facebook.

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
The app opens, I know right away there's an issue as the last seen doesn't show, and if I clear it from RAM or switch off Wifi it then shows the last seen and the message I send changes from the little timer to one.or two ticks.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Does it happen with ALL WiFi connections or just in your house? You could try downloading Whatsapp's beta version (directly from their site, not through Google Play) but if this has to do with your router, that wouldn't help.

Also, do you know anyone else with Whatsapp that you could test and see if it has the same issue in your WiFi network?

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Does it happen with ALL WiFi connections or just in your house? You could try downloading Whatsapp's beta version (directly from their site, not through Google Play) but if this has to do with your router, that wouldn't help.

Also, do you know anyone else with Whatsapp that you could test and see if it has the same issue in your WiFi network?
Good questions of which I will test when I am using another Wifi other than my own.

I have just reinstalled whatsapp so will see how it goes although I'm sure I've done it before.

I'm finding it may be better to completely uninstall then reinstall from scratch for apps as I'm not convinced it clears up old remaining files otherwise.

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Think I'll ask my ISP if they could supply me with an uptodate hub as it may well be the hub itself, although if it occurs on other wifi like you mentioned then that will rule out that my hub is to blame.

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
In the UK if the prime minister has his way then it could well be the end of encryption for whatsapp.

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Next time it stops working I'll check to see if it's still showing as running in settings.

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

Hi,
I appear to be receiving an error message when I post a thread or reply just on this particular forum, can you see if you get likewise?

The message still posts apparently but curious why the error message, will post the error image if I'm fast enough to capture it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia