Changed to new phone without backing up messages on old

kengalway

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
I recently changed to a new phone and activitaed Whatsapp. I since discovered that I should have backed up my chats on the old phone first, so I did not get the option to restore chats on the new phone. While my cell / mobile number is still the same, I needed a new SIM card for the new phone, as it uses a nano card, with the old phone using a micro sim card. With the sim card on the old phone now deactiviated, I cannot access Whatsapp on the old phone to take the option to backup the chats.

Is there a way I can still recover chats from the old phone and transfer them to the new phone ? Any assistance appreciated !
thanks, Ken

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
The archived chats are normally backed up automatically unless they are manually deleted from the app itself, I am sure when I installed whatsapp on new phone the app asked me if I wanted to restore old messages, I take it from what you're saying you didn't get that option?

I also received a text to verify the new number, however like yourself I kept the old number so just ignored the text.

I know you have mentioned this but I'm just curious being that you have a similar situation.

Sent from mobile via Tapatalk.

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Which number did you finally verify with, I take it was your number you're using now?

Sent from mobile via Tapatalk.

Laurent Bosquet

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi

Same thing for me

Had a galaxy s2. Moved to a s6 where whatsapp was already installed. i moved from a normal sim to a nano too. On the s6 i opened hatsapp wthout knowing i needed to move the files first before.

I somehow got back on my s2 to create a backup of the conversations. Through connecting my s2 as a usb device i moved a specific backup file and now have it on my pc. Moved the backup file to the s6 (through it being connected as a external usb) but whatsapp doesn't pick up the old conversations.

The old conversations are EXTREMELY important for me and i absolutely need to access them.

please help (you can send me any solution on my mail laurentbosquet4 at gmail dot com)

Thank you

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey