I recently changed to a new phone and activitaed Whatsapp. I since discovered that I should have backed up my chats on the old phone first, so I did not get the option to restore chats on the new phone. While my cell / mobile number is still the same, I needed a new SIM card for the new phone, as it uses a nano card, with the old phone using a micro sim card. With the sim card on the old phone now deactiviated, I cannot access Whatsapp on the old phone to take the option to backup the chats.

Is there a way I can still recover chats from the old phone and transfer them to the new phone ? Any assistance appreciated !
    thanks, Ken
    07-14-2015 07:19 AM
    The archived chats are normally backed up automatically unless they are manually deleted from the app itself, I am sure when I installed whatsapp on new phone the app asked me if I wanted to restore old messages, I take it from what you're saying you didn't get that option?

I also received a text to verify the new number, however like yourself I kept the old number so just ignored the text.

I know you have mentioned this but I'm just curious being that you have a similar situation.

Sent from mobile via Tapatalk.
    07-14-2015 07:29 AM
    hi fablis, it never gave me the option to restore chats when I activated Whatsapp on the new phone.
    07-14-2015 11:19 AM
    Which number did you finally verify with, I take it was your number you're using now?

Sent from mobile via Tapatalk.
    07-14-2015 11:22 AM
    Hi

Same thing for me

Had a galaxy s2. Moved to a s6 where whatsapp was already installed. i moved from a normal sim to a nano too. On the s6 i opened hatsapp wthout knowing i needed to move the files first before.

I somehow got back on my s2 to create a backup of the conversations. Through connecting my s2 as a usb device i moved a specific backup file and now have it on my pc. Moved the backup file to the s6 (through it being connected as a external usb) but whatsapp doesn't pick up the old conversations.

The old conversations are EXTREMELY important for me and i absolutely need to access them.

please help (you can send me any solution on my mail laurentbosquet4 at gmail dot com)

Thank you
    07-19-2015 01:25 PM
    Bump

please helppp
    08-15-2015 02:54 PM