Whatsapp on Lenovo Vibe X2 gets shut unnecessarily, how can I prevent it from closing?

sammy808

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for posting in this thread. But I couldn't find dedicated thread over my this concern. Admin can move my thread to specific thread!

My Lenovo Vibe X2 has this problem of whatsapp getting shut. While I receive many calls over whatsapp, it's just that it doesn't ring at all and end up with missed calls. I've even enabled it autorun in background from power manager. Is there anyway that can prevent it from closing?
Thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is WhatsApp actually force-closing?

I'll move this to the WhatsApp forum.

sammy808

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Thank you!

I don't know whether it force closes or not. But the thing is when i open whatsapp after a couple hours or so I get the missed calls in call logs. It's simple, that if you are connected to internet you will receive a call and if you are not connected you won't. I keep my wifi on the network is pretty good, not an issue. It's just that whatsapp doesn't remain connected to internet throughout and thus i can't receive calls.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is your wi-fi set to stay on while the phone is asleep? Or do you have mobile data on all the time?

sammy808

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
No mobile data. Always on WiFi. But while going to sleep I switch off my Router and in the morning switch on again. But the wifi on mobile stays on even at night.
Sorry for late response!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you're switching the router off at night, that means your home loses the wi-fi internet connection. So even if the phone's wi-fi is turned on, it won't have a connection. It may be that when WhatsApp detects this for a certain length of time, it closes, since it can't do anything anyway.

Have you tried contacting WhatsApp support? https://www.whatsapp.com/contact/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34