Hi all,

A while ago, let's say fifteen days back I have deleted a very important conversation accidentally. As I was in great need of this important conversation I have tried almost every possible way to retrieve this conversation (except rooting) without any fruits. It did not work.

I don't know it the data is already overwritten but I would like to ask if it is possible to retrieve it and if anyone has some tips? I have almost tried everything but perhaps anyone can provide me another way or manner. I really need the conversation. Should I contact WhatsApp? Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!
    08-15-2016 12:26 PM
    Since Whatsapp conversations are now encrypted, even if you do somehow manage to un-delete the file, it would be pretty much unusable. And at least from what they state, Whatsapp doesn't have access to your conversations. Unless you used their back up service, they really won't be much help and neither would any other method, TBH

Check the back up option to see if you have a recent back up of that.
    08-15-2016 12:46 PM
    Yes I do have a backup option, but I don't understand how I can acces that? I was used to frequently updating my backups manually and overall it would back up automatically.

Thanks for the answer!
    08-16-2016 02:36 PM
    The only way to restore them is to uninstall/re-install Whatsapp. HOWEVER, you need to make sure that the latest back up available is from a date prior to when you deleted the conversation. If the date on the back up is after, then what will get restored is the log without said conversation.

Unfortunately Whatsapp only creates one back up file and overwrites it every time it updates it, so there's only one available (unless you manually made a copy and manually replace it).
    08-16-2016 05:27 PM