Whatsapp - There is a small masked man logo/icon, top left corner - Samsung S7Edge

MyQuestions

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi, The logo / icon is a green head and the mask is grey. It is located on the line with information such as time, wifi strength, date, etc. It is in my 'chatroom' on my friend's phone, she sent me a screen shot of something and I noticed it. Does this mean a 3rd party app is being used to block me / freeze last seen? I have not asked her yet. There are times that her last seen is the same for hours even a day, though I know that she is very active on Whatsapp. I have a screen shot but don't know how to upload it here. Many thanks. First question!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the screenshot -- hopefully someone else who knows the app well can answer. My guess is that you're in some sort of incognito mode.

MyQuestions

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, B.Diddy. I hope someone can help - this is not on my phone. My friend sent me a screen shot and this is what she has on my profile on her phone. I think it might be a way to block me (some of the time)?

Last edited:

empowercb

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi there... this icon since appearing in status bar/ notification panal of phone.. i believe have nothing to do with whatsapp or ur profile/chat.. Please ask her if this appears only when whatsapp is on screen or it is there all the time? Like while using any other app?... my vague thought is.. it might not be some kind of spyware..

Suggestion: remove any unknown apps/ apps from non trusted sources.. Apps containing too much adwares and if any app seems fishy or malware.

Always install apps from a reputed app store and the knkwn ones and those which are reputed or atleast the developer is known and/or reputed.

MyQuestions

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
Hello empowercb, Thank you for replying. I haven't asked her if she installed anything as I'm not sure if it is spyware or if she has blocked me or anything like this. I wondered if it was anything to do with a third party app she may be using to freeze her 'last seen'? As I mentioned, she is an avid whatsapp user but often her last seen is the same for 10-12 hours or even a whole day.
If no one here has seen this, then I will just ask her.
Thanks for your response.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12