11-11-2019 04:06 PM
27 12
tools
    Hi All,

I have been trying to restore my whatsapp back up chats for over a week now. I have extracted them from google drive using the whatsapp extractor tool.

When i get to restoring it, the file continuously gets stuck at 24% then fails.

Any ideas on a fix for this??
    grace jhonson likes this.
    05-25-2018 10:21 AM
    I'm facing the exact same issue and I seem to have no solution for it.
    05-25-2018 02:54 PM
    Sounds like an issue for WhatsApp android support: android@support.whatsapp.com
    05-25-2018 02:56 PM
    They don't respond ever.
    05-25-2018 03:13 PM
    Maybe they don’t respond to each email, but if this is indicative of a bug, then perhaps they’ll fix it if they receive enough complaints.
    05-25-2018 03:17 PM
    I'm facing the same issue. Anyone knows how to solve it?
    06-24-2018 09:02 AM
    They don't respond ever.
    If it comes to that, the OP has not responded to, or acknowledged, or offered feedback about, @djrakowski's suggestion, despite the "URGENT" in their post.
    06-24-2018 11:07 AM
    Having same issue. No fix yet! :/
    06-25-2018 06:38 AM
    Try with another mobile, its working for me.
    07-09-2018 07:07 AM
    Try with another mobile, its working for me.
    Guys.. did anyone try to solve this issue..? i had 4 years of my whatsapp messages and seems they are lost.
    Whatsapp support just send auto reply and no help.
    07-15-2018 01:00 AM
    I had this problem moving to a Mate 10 pro.

Get the whole whatsapp folder from the old phone and put it on the new phone (same directory where the whatsapp folder would go. It might already be there from the previous failed restore).
    Then uninstall whatsapp and reinstall it and this time around it should restore locally and everything should be as you left it (and you will not need to download the media again since it is already on your new phone).

hope this helps
    belodion likes this.
    08-04-2018 03:26 AM
    I'm having the same issue...
    08-18-2018 01:15 PM
    What is wrong with that 24? I have the same issue. Did anyone managed to contact whatsapp about this?
    09-18-2018 01:34 PM
    I've got a response from WhatsApp team I've lost thousands of messages

Hi,

Thanks for your message.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We are aware of the stuck on 24% issue and we are working on fixing it in a future update of WhatsApp. Unfortunately, we can't comment on any future release dates at this time.

Stuck on 24% means you have a corrupt or invalid chat database which is unrestorable.
    09-18-2018 05:57 PM
    Same problem here. Contacted whatsapp support but i think they are aware of the issue and are just ignoring it as they doesnot have a fix. Got a reply "this might be due to corrupt backup database we cannot get your chats back."
    I am trying to explain that i am still using my old device because its not being restored to a new one. Waiting for the reply.
    But am sure that this is a software issue of whatsapp and i have came across other forums also where the chat history is too long say 3 or 4 or 5 years this problem is there. Hope this reaches whatsapp and they can fix it.
    09-25-2018 04:15 AM
    I was facing this exact problem over the past 2 days. I'm not sure if my method will work for everyone but this is what I did.
    Restarted my phone to safe mode. Deleted the msgstore.db.crypt12 file under the whatsapp database folder. I restarted the phone normally. I backed up my whatsapp on my old phone, transferred the msgstore.db.crypt12 file into that folder. Then I opened whatsapp and it worked.
    11-02-2018 10:57 AM
    I was facing this exact problem over the past 2 days. I'm not sure if my method will work for everyone but this is what I did.
    Restarted my phone to safe mode. Deleted the msgstore.db.crypt12 file under the whatsapp database folder. I restarted the phone normally. I backed up my whatsapp on my old phone, transferred the msgstore.db.crypt12 file into that folder. Then I opened whatsapp and it worked.
    Facing same problem, message could not restore after 24%. Pls any one help.
    Kindly explain step by step process if anyone somehow able to restore message.,
    01-01-2019 06:56 AM
    MY database was around 440 MB in size and it contained official, personal messages for the last 4-5 years. I really want them back. anyone help pls....
    01-01-2019 06:59 AM
    MY database was around 440 MB in size and it contained official, personal messages for the last 4-5 years. I really want them back. anyone help pls....
    The best solution is to delete some of your old personal and group messages that you haven't accessed since 2017. Upon deleting, back up your WhatsApp and you should be able to restore back all your messages. Try local back up and google back up. After 2 weeks I finally managed to solve the WhatsApp being stuck issue.
    03-19-2019 08:30 AM
    It is because of less memory space. You should try deleting unwanted chats and media of whatsapp or increase the memory of your storage .
    Almegawi Yasser likes this.
    03-21-2019 03:39 AM
    The best solution is to delete some of your old personal and group messages that you haven't accessed since 2017. Upon deleting, back up your WhatsApp and you should be able to restore back all your messages. Try local back up and google back up. After 2 weeks I finally managed to solve the WhatsApp being stuck issue.
    The problem is u cannot access to ur whatsapp.. then how to delete some of the group whatsapp
    08-12-2019 06:09 AM
    Hi,

I'm facing the same problem. I'm trying to restore a backup from an Android 4.4.4, with WhatsApp 2.19.230, to 9.0 and the process gets stuck at 24%. Apparently, the database is corrupted. So far

• I've read and followed WhatsApp' FAQ
    • I've deleted archived chats and files, from ...\WhatsApp\Media, before 2017

and still it doesn't work. Would clearing the content from active chats older than 6 months and creating a new backup work? I've asked WhatsApp support this question yesterday and haven't received an answer.

Each installation has increased the verification time, now I'm waiting 48 hours to get another try.
    09-03-2019 02:19 PM
    Hi,

I'm facing the same problem. I'm trying to restore a backup from an Android 4.4.4, with WhatsApp 2.19.230, to 9.0 and the process gets stuck at 24%. Apparently, the database is corrupted. So far

• I've read and followed WhatsApp' FAQ
    • I've deleted archived chats and files, from ...\WhatsApp\Media, before 2017

and still it doesn't work. Would clearing the content from active chats older than 6 months and creating a new backup work? I've asked WhatsApp support this question yesterday and haven't received an answer.

Each installation has increased the verification time, now I'm waiting 48 hours to get another try.
    Hey Valikov, greeting from Brazil.
    Facing the same problem here.

I will do it tomorrow (waiting the for my confirmation code haha)
    I will try to do the following:

1 - Change my gmail account to my backup be saved in another drive
    2 - Delete all my conversations and media (probably all before 2019)
    3 - Delete my paste from GB Whatsapp (I used to use GB Whats instead the normal)
    4 - Try the backup from my old phone again
    5 - Check if it works...

As you have to wait 48hours maybe I will come with good or bad news before you.
    VALiKOV likes this.
    09-03-2019 02:35 PM
    Hey Valikov, greeting from Brazil.
    Facing the same problem here.

I will do it tomorrow (waiting the for my confirmation code haha)
    I will try to do the following:

1 - Change my gmail account to my backup be saved in another drive
    2 - Delete all my conversations and media (probably all before 2019)
    3 - Delete my paste from GB Whatsapp (I used to use GB Whats instead the normal)
    4 - Try the backup from my old phone again
    5 - Check if it works...

As you have to wait 48hours maybe I will come with good or bad news before you.
    Hi Shuwer,

It would be great, please keep us posted. From my experiments I've noticed that

• There's no way to get to know what corrupted the database and you're on your own to find a solution via trial and error. As we don't know what content is damaged, we can only keep deleting it until there's little or none.
    • There's no difference between using Google Play and APKMirror. I've tried versions from 2.19.240 to 2.19.243, the latest available.
    • When I surpassed the 6 h wait to receive the confirmation code, the verification time started to duplicate; 6, 12, 24 and now 48 h. I've used no less than 12 tries.
    Shuwerx likes this.
    09-03-2019 06:50 PM
    Hey Guys and Valikov, im so happy to tell you guys that I MADE IT haha...
    It was a long daybreak but Im really glad and hope that IT HELPS SOMEONE

WHAT I'VE DONE TO RECOVER MY WHATSAPP BACKUP WITHOUT STUCKS IN 24%

So... Maybe will be some rude english errors haha, because Im braziliam and some app words and mobile slangs change. Hope you guys understand. Please any doubts just reply this topic.

I´ve tried many things... So I really dont know which one(s) was the one who really make the thing work

I will tell you guys step by step in chronological order what I've made to recover.

First Step: I tried to remove all pastes and data from GBWhatsapp that was in my phone (I used to use this apk instead Whatsapp, so to recover a local backup I put some files from GBWHATSAPP to Whatsapp pastes in my phone). So I deleted every stuffs that was envolved with GBWhatsapp

Second: I've deleted every database that was lefting (in other words... I delete every file (database) that was from 2 days ago (I've checked in normal phones its normal to have 2 - 3 databases, in my phone it was like 8 databases. You can check it in the files from your Whatsapp paste in your phone).

Third: I've updated my Whatsapp (Since my phone is a old phone, I dont downloaded via Play Store, I've downloaded via a site that gives the last versions to Whatsapp but in APK). So I updated it to the last version.

Fourth: I've changed my gmail account in the backup of whatsapp

Fifth: I've DELETED ALL MY MESSENGES AND GROUPS FROM WHATSAPP (since I've done my last backup, I mean, I have my cellphone stolled in the end of 2018, I get new one and recover a backup from 2016 (is the last one who I've ever made so... In this time was better than no recovering nothing). So I deleted all messenges, I leave from many groups that are inactives, and deleted all of this. I literally deleted all my stuff in whatsapp that are before 1th of january 2019. (So I keep all the chats that are between 1th january until today, and that was what really matters to me rn).

Sixth: Wait the daybreak and did the backup again to the new gmail account that I put to be the whatsapp backup email
    (and its eventually have failed for a random reason. So I tried again at 2:00AM and at 4:00AM it was concluded with no error. The backup was done)
    (At 4:45AM I pickup my new phone that I want to recover and everytime stops at 24%. I put my Whatsapp number and stuffs... And the backup recover started).

Seventh Step: BEFORE the messenge saying that the BACKUP CANT BE RECOVERED, you NEED to check if it will take a lit bit longer in the 24% again... So if it takes more than 20 or 25seconds (depends on your internet) maybe it will fail again... So you HAVE to go in your configs. - Apps - find Whatsapp - FIRST OF ALL: CLEAR YOUR CACHE, and then FORCE INTERRUPT. I did it and remove my whatsapp from the second plane in my phone as well.

Conclusion: I openned whatsapp again afterwards, and then it said to I put my name and Enter. For my surprise I click Enter and ALL OF MY MESSENGES are there!!! (so freaking happyyyy). and It was just restoring the Media as the whatsapp normal does... They backup your conversations first and when its done they start to recover the Media while your can use your whatsapp.

Hope it really help you guys. I really do no which step is the one who really made the difference in this whole process... So I tried to explain everything that I've done in order to recover my old conversations. Really hopeful that it helps you.
    VALiKOV likes this.
    09-04-2019 10:00 AM
27 12