I have just got Samsung note 9 and its the very first time I get an android in my life ) when I'm sending a picture to my colleagues on whatsapp, it decreases the quality beyond poor and I really hate it. Never had this issue with my iPhone tho. Hope there is a way that I can still enjoy whatsapp. Before you say it, using a attachment function is not the way. I cant attach the pictures as a documents every single time :/ Hope you help me to find solution.
    11-29-2018 02:38 AM
    All the instance messaging services, except Apple's iMessage service, put a limit on the data size of your messages. Some services will compress the images for you, some will just reject them as too big. Those that do the compression usually do a very poor job of it, as you are finding.

If the images are too big for the service at full size, you can put the images on a file sharing site, like Google Drive or DropBox, and send the URL of the image in the message. Alternatively, you can use a photo editing app to resize and sharpen the image to fit the service size limits.

If you are shooting raw/DNG files with your phone's camera, which can be easily over 20 MB, changing to JPG files should easily fit under the limits, at least for WhatsApp at the limit of 16 MB.
    Kodak2 likes this.
    11-30-2018 02:30 AM