I have noticed a weird problem lately. My chats with one particular person are getting deleted gradually. I mean every day, the oldest message gets deleted (as far as I noticed only one message per day). This seems to be a very weird problem. I have also checked other chats and there is absolutely no problem with any other chat with person or group. Only this particular chat seems to have the problem. I have tried restarting the phone and reinstalling WhatsApp. Any idea what the issue could be and how to fix it? I have daily automatic backups to google drive turned on, could there be a way to recover the lost chats? (The messages lost one per day were not recovered when I reinstalled WhatsApp, other messages were recovered).
    Just to be clear, the issue is something like this:
    If this is what I could see yesterday:
    1) Message 1
    2) Message 2
    3) Message 3
    4) Message 4

This is what I can see today:
    1) Message 2
    2) Message 3
    3) Message 4
    and so on ...
    Would be very grateful for any help ...
    12-06-2018 09:09 AM
    I moved this to the WhatsApp forum for more specific traffic.
    12-06-2018 02:14 PM
    I have noticed a weird problem lately. My chats with one particular person are getting deleted gradually. I mean every day, the oldest message gets deleted (as far as I noticed only one message per day). This seems to be a very weird problem. I have also checked other chats and there is absolutely no problem with any other chat with person or group. Only this particular chat seems to have the problem. I have tried restarting the phone and reinstalling WhatsApp. Any idea what the issue could be and how to fix it? I have daily automatic backups to google drive turned on, could there be a way to recover the lost chats? (The messages lost one per day were not recovered when I reinstalled WhatsApp, other messages were recovered).
    Just to be clear, the issue is something like this:
    If this is what I could see yesterday:
    1) Message 1
    2) Message 2
    3) Message 3
    4) Message 4

This is what I can see today:
    1) Message 2
    2) Message 3
    3) Message 4
    and so on ...
    Would be very grateful for any help ...
    02-04-2019 02:54 AM
    Hello Sanjeev Did you got any solution for this??
    02-04-2019 02:55 AM
    The chat that the messages were deleted, is that person someone who knows technical things?
    07-01-2019 08:11 AM