Possibility not to allow Whatsapp to automatically access your contacts?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I recentely downloaded Whatsapp, only to notice, that there was no option not to allow Whatsapp to automatically access all of my contacts.

I understand that by downloading an older version of Whatsapp, I could not allow Whatsapp to access my contacts, and myself only add the contacts that I want to add.

So the question is, which older version of Whatsapp still has the option of not allowing Whatsapp to automatically access all of my contacts?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tested it this way, but go to your device's main Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> See all apps (some of this will depend on your version of Android...) and tap on WhatsApp. Tap Permissions and disable Contacts.

Kkaj

Jan 15, 2019
Visit site
I haven't tested it this way, but go to your device's main Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> See all apps (some of this will depend on your version of Android...) and tap on WhatsApp. Tap Permissions and disable Contacts.

Thank you for your help, but unfortunately this option is not available on my phone, it seems I can't access, or change, any permissions I have given to any apps.

After searching online, the only option I found was to download an older version. Anyone have any idea which version?

Still appreciate any suggestions though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie