Whatsapp notifications delayed or only come through when in the whatsapp app. What is the problem?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Samsung Note 9. My whatsapp messages are delayed or I don't receive them. I do not have wifi so I cannot afford to have my backgroud data on for every app. The backgroud data to whatsapp as well as Samsung push services are on. My notifications fof whatsapp is on as well. I also do not receive WhatsApp calls. Can anyone please tell me if there is a third party app in which data must not be restricted to get notifications or what the problem is? Struggling for months.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any battery saver turned on? Some apps won't get notifications if a battery saver is on unless you plug in the charger, or are running the app.

Last edited:

123Sara

Dec 26, 2018
Visit site
Do you have any battery saver turned on? Some apps won't get notifications if a battery saver is on unless you plug in the charger, or are running the app.

I do not have a task killer or have any settings via the android power saving to affect WhatsApp. In fact WhatsApp is saved as an unmonitored app no matter the battery state of my phone.
Seldomly my messages come through. It is actually not delivered until I open the app, as if my data is off which it's not. I have been struggling for months but then found out on from a post on this website that I must have Samsung push services on. It worked for like 3 days, I got messages as soon as they were sent but then afterwards it just reverted back.

123Sara

Dec 26, 2018
Visit site
I do not have a task killer or have any settings via the android power saving to affect WhatsApp. In fact WhatsApp is saved as an unmonitored app no matter the battery state of my phone.
Seldomly my messages come through. It is actually not delivered until I open the app, as if my data is off which it's not. I have been struggling for months but then found out on from a post on this website that I must have Samsung push services on. It worked for like 3 days, I got messages as soon as they were sent but then afterwards it just reverted back.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I reset my app preferences but with my data situation I still had to disable the backgroud data for apps such as camera, gallery, Facebook app installer Samsung music, play store etc but tried to leave some apps to run in the backgroud but so many seemed so unnecessary to WhatsApp.

123Sara

Dec 26, 2018
Visit site
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I reset my app preferences but with my data situation I still had to disable the backgroud data for apps such as camera, gallery, Facebook app installer Samsung music, play store etc but tried to leave some apps to run in the backgroud but so many seemed so unnecessary to WhatsApp.

Nevermind, will find help elsewhere

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance