Desperate help needed to reactivate my WhatsApp account!

Scorpion-71

Nov 5, 2018
Visit site
Hi everyone!!

I am after some DESPERATE help if possible as I am locked out of my WhatsApp account and WhatsApp's customer support isn't providing the help I need in order to sort my issue out.
So basically I setup a WhatsApp account many years ago using a virtual number. At the time of registration I could receive calls to the number from WhatsApp to obtain the verification but upon updating my phone recently I cannot receive calls to the virtual number and is NOW classed as invalid by WhatsApp.
I should have been notified by WhatsApp to inform me that this number will no longer be supported and to tell me to change the number to one that has a supporting physical SIM card.
My various emails to WhatsApp support has expressed my desperation to get the account back up and running even if that means that I am given a code just to reactivate the account and change the number to a compatible number / physical SIM card mobile number then I am happy to do that.
Failing that, I also said that I am to obtain a new number with a physical sim, but I would need it linked to the virtual number account so that I can retain my chat history etc.

Finally, the handset I want to use the WhatsApp account is now rooted if that helps and I have the full backup of the account locally and on Google drive..

If anyone has a solution for this, I WOULD BE MOST GRATEFUL!!
I await your reply and thanks in advance..

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone!!

I am after some DESPERATE help if possible as I am locked out of my WhatsApp account and WhatsApp's customer support isn't providing the help I need in order to sort my issue out.
So basically I setup a WhatsApp account many years ago using a virtual number. At the time of registration I could receive calls to the number from WhatsApp to obtain the verification but upon updating my phone recently I cannot receive calls to the virtual number and is NOW classed as invalid by WhatsApp.
I should have been notified by WhatsApp to inform me that this number will no longer be supported and to tell me to change the number to one that has a supporting physical SIM card.
My various emails to WhatsApp support has expressed my desperation to get the account back up and running even if that means that I am given a code just to reactivate the account and change the number to a compatible number / physical SIM card mobile number then I am happy to do that.
Failing that, I also said that I am to obtain a new number with a physical sim, but I would need it linked to the virtual number account so that I can retain my chat history etc.

Finally, the handset I want to use the WhatsApp account is now rooted if that helps and I have the full backup of the account locally and on Google drive..

If anyone has a solution for this, I WOULD BE MOST GRATEFUL!!
I await your reply and thanks in advance..
If WhatsApp couldn't help , I don't think we can either, those are security features to get back into your account .
How do we know if your not trying to get in someone's account?

Scorpion-71

Nov 5, 2018
Visit site
If WhatsApp couldn't help , I don't think we can either, those are security features to get back into your account .
How do we know if your not trying to get in someone's account?

I totally understand why you would question if it is my account but I have proof of the ownership of virtual number, the backups to the account and I have sent the logs to WhatsApp which they requested from the app itself.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I totally understand why you would question if it is my account but I have proof of the ownership of virtual number, the backups to the account and I have sent the logs to WhatsApp which they requested from the app itself.
These are the security measures to get back into your WhatsApp account send a code to telephone number you register with or call , and if you didn't change those numbers to the new one , I don't see a way to get back in your account.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Why not just create a new account (with a new number) and restore the backups?

(They may have assigned that virtual number to someone else after a certain period of non-use.)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

(They may have assigned that virtual number to someone else after a certain period of non-use.)
They first have to get in the original account and change the number .

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Read the first post. He needs customer support for that, and they won't help him, so he can't. If he's legitimate, another account will be just as good. If he's trying to get into someone else's account, creating a new one isn't helping him to do something we don't help with.

Scorpion-71

Nov 5, 2018
Visit site

Hi and thanks for the reply. I still own the virtual number and up to two weeks ago before I reinstalled WhatsApp it was in use with my account. I doubt it is possible to setup a new WhatsApp account and have my backup linked to it?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Read the first post. He needs customer support for that, and they won't help him, so he can't. If he's legitimate, another account will be just as good. If he's trying to get into someone else's account, creating a new one isn't helping him to do something we don't help with.
That's why I'm saying OP can't get a new number to get access to old back ups, needed to change the number first which can't because don't have access , which is correct what you said can't help .

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi and thanks for the reply. I still own the virtual number and up to two weeks ago before I reinstalled WhatsApp it was in use with my account. I doubt it is possible to setup a new WhatsApp account and have my backup linked to it?
No it's not possible.

Scorpion-71

Nov 5, 2018
Visit site
Well I have sent an email again to ALL the email addresses on the WhatsApp contact page so fingers crossed someone helpful or technical will read it and assist...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
He doesn't have to access them, the phone is rooted, and he made a local backup. "I have the full backup of the account locally and on Google drive"

Scorpion-71

Nov 5, 2018
Visit site
He doesn't have to access them, the phone is rooted, and he made a local backup. "I have the full backup of the account locally and on Google drive"

FYI, I made a FULL file and folder backup of WhatsApp prior to root so it isnt a Titanium Backup or similar.. (which is a shame!!)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
FYI, I made a FULL file and folder backup of WhatsApp prior to root so it isnt a Titanium Backup or similar.. (which is a shame!!)
That's why that old number is important, you can download WhatsApp on different phones and gain access to your account as long as you have that number to give you the code ,it's all encrypted security stuff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome