Hi,

I am part of a family WhatsApp group and have recently noticed an intermittent problem with audible notifications.

Basically, whilst my Samsung phone is in sleep mode, some incoming messages are sounding a notification, and others are not?

Initially, I thought it were a problem with my phone. However, I have since noticed that my mothers phone of similar type & in the same WhatsApp group is doing [U]exactly[U] the same thing to the same messages?

It is as if the sender has the ability to not notify the recipient, if that makes sense.

If anyone can help, then I would be most grateful.
    07-23-2019 11:58 AM
    Hi,

I am part of a family WhatsApp group and have recently noticed an intermittent problem with audible notifications.

Basically, whilst my Samsung phone is in sleep mode, some incoming messages are sounding a notification, and others are not?

Initially, I thought it were a problem with my phone. However, I have since noticed that my mothers phone of similar type & in the same WhatsApp group is doing [U]exactly[U] the same thing to the same messages?

It is as if the sender has the ability to not notify the recipient, if that makes sense.

If anyone can help, then I would be most grateful.
    You can take WhatsApp out of battery optimization.
    07-23-2019 12:05 PM