WhatsApp Group Notifications Not All Making Sound

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello,

I have this issue where if you are in a WhatsApp group, your phone is locked, you receive a message, first one you get alerted with sound, but when other people in the group also message in the group right after (a couple of seconds) that first message which you were alerted to, you don't get sound notifications for those. However, you will see notifications of those messages on the badge or status bar, etc. Just no sound for the subsequent messages if it happens back to back.

Hope this makes sense. If it does, is this normal? I can't remember as I recently moved from iPhone to the S10 Note Plus.

Sound and Notifications are on. Silent Notifications are off. This only happens to WhatsApp groups.

izarsha

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have this issue where if you are in a WhatsApp group, your phone is locked, you receive a message, first one you get alerted with sound, but when other people in the group also message in the group right after (a couple of seconds) that first message which you were alerted to, you don't get sound notifications for those. However, you will see notifications of those messages on the badge or status bar, etc. Just no sound for the subsequent messages if it happens back to back.

Hope this makes sense. If it does, is this normal? I can't remember as I recently moved from iPhone to the S10 Note Plus.

Sound and Notifications are on. Silent Notifications are off. This only happens to WhatsApp groups.

Hi,i also got this problem not only on samsung phones but also on my xiaomi and huawei device so it generally whatsapp issue. I already wrote an email for this issue and i hope you did the same. Please also attach this link for their reference when sending an email to whatsapp support so they are aware of this problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol