Today September 25th 2019 a number of people in the UK woke to find their number has been banned by whatsapp. This seems to have happened around 9am today.
    Does anyone know what is happening?
    Messages to whatsapp support are responded to automatically with the number is banned, that's it.
    Looking for suggestions on what to do next please
    09-25-2019 02:00 PM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    09-25-2019 02:03 PM
    Welcome to the forums. Do you have any link about this problem?
    Not sure this the first I heard of the news
    Also, sometimes this happens when people don't use the official WhatsApp app.
    09-25-2019 03:08 PM
    Good morning, i have not found a link online about this issues but i personally know of a number of people who had exactly the same issue at pretty much the same time yesterday morning.
    Any suggestions much appreciated, thanks

PS i checked i was using te official version of the app.
    I also uninstalled and downloaded again. Same issue. I am reluctant to do a factory reset as i believe the whatsapp server is blocking the number.
    I did try to 'register' using the number on 2 different devices. Same problem.
    09-26-2019 02:33 AM
    I wanted to add that contacts are still able to message the number and call it via Whatsapp and my name and picture still come up.
    I would have thought that if the number had really been banned that whatsapp would delete the account too?
    09-26-2019 06:24 AM
    I wanted to add that contacts are still able to message the number and call it via Whatsapp and my name and picture still come up.
    I would have thought that if the number had really been banned that whatsapp would delete the account too?
    So you tried to contact them though the whatsapp App ? To find out any info on this ? or any possible TOS violation ?

To contact them through the mobile app, open the app, go to settings > help > contact us.
    From what I read the ones that were banned in previous years ,were for using an unofficial version of an Whatsapp and they may temp ban at first , before perm ban
    09-26-2019 08:07 AM
    So you tried to contact them though the whatsapp App ? To find out any info on this ? or any possible TOS violation ?
    Yes the auto response which came back within 1 minute said
    "Your WhatsApp account has been banned because your activity violated our Terms of Service."

But no detail on what. I have not knowingly done anything that would result in this violation

From what I read the ones that were banned in previous years ,were for using an unofficial version of an Whatsapp and they may temp ban at first , before perm ban
    I have been using the official version.

If they are not going to unban the number then how do i go about getting the account deleted from the server? People are calling me on that number and sending messages but not getting a response.
    My face pic comes up when they call/message. Surely this cannot be correct?
    They shoudl delete the whole thing

Still no response to me later emails from yesterday. Nor to my facebook messages
    09-26-2019 12:03 PM