Why do I get the default notification sound while on a Whatsapp Call

PerlaVP

Mar 30, 2020
Visit site
Whenever I'm in a Whatsapp Call I get this annoying notification sound, and it drives me nuts. Even if I have it on silent they still sound and I can't do anything to change the sound or silence it altogether. I already tried the Alerts Off thing from normal calls and I at least want the notifications to pop up without sound, but I don't want to go to each app silencing them all because when I'm not in a call I don't want them to be silent. Please help. I use a Samsung Note 8 btw

PerlaVP

Mar 30, 2020
Visit site
Long press WhatsApp icon tap info then notification adjust there .

That only changes Whatsapp's notifications, I'm talking about every other app. Whenever I'm in a Whatsapp call all the other notifications from all the other apps (Instagram, other games, etc.) will appear with sound, and the notification sound is the default not my own personal set one. When I get off the Whatsapp Call it all acts normal, if I set my phone on silent it'll stay silent, if I turn on the notification's volume my own notification ringtone will sound. It is only when I'm in a Whatsapp Call that this happens and as I said I don't wanna silent every other app because when I get off the call I don't want the notifications to be off.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That only changes Whatsapp's notifications, I'm talking about every other app. Whenever I'm in a Whatsapp call all the other notifications from all the other apps (Instagram, other games, etc.) will appear with sound, and the notification sound is the default not my own personal set one. When I get off the Whatsapp Call it all acts normal, if I set my phone on silent it'll stay silent, if I turn on the notification's volume my own notification ringtone will sound. It is only when I'm in a Whatsapp Call that this happens and as I said I don't wanna silent every other app because when I get off the call I don't want the notifications to be off.
Ok let me get this correct you want change the default notification app sounds and you did with a custom one but won't stick it goes back to default sound?

PerlaVP

Mar 30, 2020
Visit site
Ok let me get this correct you want change the default notification app sounds and you did with a custom one but won't stick it goes back to default sound?

It only goes back to default when I'm in a Whatsapp Call. I want the notifications to shut up while I'm on a Whatsapp Call. But they don't stay silent AND they make the sound as the default notification sound, it's both things.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It only goes back to default when I'm in a Whatsapp Call. I want the notifications to shut up while I'm on a Whatsapp Call. But they don't stay silent AND they make the sound as the default notification sound, it's both things.
you can go into settings>sounds and lower just notification slider down Screenshot_20200330-210129_Settings.jpeg

PerlaVP

Mar 30, 2020
Visit site
That's strange , we have to dig deeper what's going on .

Yeah it has been going on for a while. I have tried all the basics too like resetting the settings for notifications, resetting Whatsapp settings, changing ringtone and notification sounds etc. It's very annoying and I can't seem to find any forum where someone else has the same problem. The only thing that works is having the Don't Disturb mode engaged while I make a Whatsapp Call, but I don't want to stop getting notifications altogether as I said previously, and I'd have to turn it on and off again which to me is very annoying

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah it has been going on for a while. I have tried all the basics too like resetting the settings for notifications, resetting Whatsapp settings, changing ringtone and notification sounds etc. It's very annoying and I can't seem to find any forum where someone else has the same problem. The only thing that works is having the Don't Disturb mode engaged while I make a Whatsapp Call, but I don't want to stop getting notifications altogether as I said previously, and I'd have to turn it on and off again which to me is very annoying
Might have to try some things like

Reset settings> resets your home page set up
Reset app preferences> reset apps to default

These settings have fixed lot of problems on many phones so I woukind try them .

Reset settings> go settings >general management>reset>reset settings

Reset apppreference> settings>apps> 3 dots upper right corner tap> scroll to app preferences and reset

PerlaVP

Mar 30, 2020
Visit site
Might have to try some things like

Reset settings> resets your home page set up
Reset app preferences> reset apps to default

These settings have fixed lot of problems on many phones so I woukind try them .

Reset settings> go settings >general management>reset>reset settings

Reset apppreference> settings>apps> 3 dots upper right corner tap> scroll to app preferences and reset

Let me try that and I'll see if that does it

PerlaVP

Mar 30, 2020
Visit site
Now to refresh my memory you talking about notification sound from others I'm whatsapp while on call?

I get notifications from other apps WHILE I'm on a Whatsapp Call. And those notifications cannot be silenced and its tune can't be changed. The only way to silence these notifications (at least) is to put my phone in Not Disturb mode, but I want to keep having the notifications while on the call, I just want them to stay silent or at least to have my personal notification sound. Whenever I am not on a Whatsapp Call the phone acts like normal, I can silence it, I can turn up the Notifications volume and the notifications will have my personalized sound. Everything normal. The only moments when this situation happens is while in a Whatsapp Call. Also I can't record because the call won't let me, but the phenomenon only occurs while in the call. It's like a paradox.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I get notifications from other apps WHILE I'm on a Whatsapp Call. And those notifications cannot be silenced and its tune can't be changed. The only way to silence these notifications (at least) is to put my phone in Not Disturb mode, but I want to keep having the notifications while on the call, I just want them to stay silent or at least to have my personal notification sound. Whenever I am not on a Whatsapp Call the phone acts like normal, I can silence it, I can turn up the Notifications volume and the notifications will have my personalized sound. Everything normal. The only moments when this situation happens is while in a Whatsapp Call. Also I can't record because the call won't let me, but the phenomenon only occurs while in the call. It's like a paradox.
Now whats strange is in the earlier discussion when I showed the slider for sounds and told you slide notifications slider all the way down that js supposed to take care any notifications come through as I have tested that on my Note 10+, s10+.. if that doesn't work like you saying and you reset the others only thing I can suggest is factory reset . If you put your volume on silent and go on the call in what's app and get any notifications thats a definite issue that shouldn't happen .

PerlaVP

Mar 30, 2020
Visit site
Now whats strange is in the earlier discussion when I showed the slider for sounds and told you slide notifications slider all the way down that js supposed to take care any notifications come through as I have tested that on my Note 10+, s10+.. if that doesn't work like you saying and you reset the others only thing I can suggest is factory reset . If you put your volume on silent and go on the call in what's app and get any notifications thats a definite issue that shouldn't happen .

No, just turning down the volume doesn't work. I have a Note 8 so maybe it's a model thing. And I don't want to do a factory reset... guess I'll have to live with this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12