The quest for a perfect phone

JohnTi

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi Android fans.
I have been with Wind for a while and I was wondering if anyone knows where to get a good, phone that would also work with Wind network.
I know I can get one from Wind, but I'm on prepay and what they offer of waaay over the sensible price :) (which is what other carriers do as well, so I won't hold it against them)
I have been looking at Nexus5, but having no expandable memory (such as micro SD) puts me off big time. Also looked at Xiaomi, but it does not support pentaband and won't work with Wind :/
Any other ideas? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi Android fans.
I have been with Wind for a while and I was wondering if anyone knows where to get a good, phone that would also work with Wind network.
I know I can get one from Wind, but I'm on prepay and what they offer of waaay over the sensible price :) (which is what other carriers do as well, so I won't hold it against them)
I have been looking at Nexus5, but having no expandable memory (such as micro SD) puts me off big time. Also looked at Xiaomi, but it does not support pentaband and won't work with Wind :/
Any other ideas? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Is there anything else to add to your list of must-haves?

- work with Wind (Canada)
- expandable memory
- low price

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Looks like you want near stock? The Nexus 5 can work with a microsd card reader... Also one of those Sandisk WiFi card readers.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

JohnTi

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Well, work with Wind (Canada), and expandable memory would be my only criteria really. Low price is nice, but here in Canada (as you probably know but too well) beggars can't be choosers. As long as it's not $100 over the actual device price (as it seems to be the case with all phones you can get directly from Wind).

JohnTi

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Looks like you want near stock? The Nexus 5 can work with a microsd card reader... Also one of those Sandisk WiFi card readers.

microsd card reader - what's that? is it one of those bulky and cumbersome "attach to your phone" dongles? I would like to avoid that if possible... At this point though Nexus5 seems to be my only option. I envy so people in US :/ They have such a grand selection of unlocked phones at very reasonable prices all over the place...

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
microsd card reader - what's that? is it one of those bulky and cumbersome "attach to your phone" dongles? I would like to avoid that if possible... At this point though Nexus5 seems to be my only option. I envy so people in US :/ They have such a grand selection of unlocked phones at very reasonable prices all over the place...

Well, yes but they cost a lot. :) Yes, the card reader is a small thing you plug into the phone's micro USB port. I use one called a Meenova. But there are those Sandisk readers that work over WiFi without plugging in. They're expensive, though. About $99.00.

Here's a link to the Meenova, and yes, it is a lot more cumbersome than a card slot built into the phone.

http://www.meenova.com

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Well, work with Wind (Canada), and expandable memory would be my only criteria really. Low price is nice, but here in Canada (as you probably know but too well) beggars can't be choosers. As long as it's not $100 over the actual device price (as it seems to be the case with all phones you can get directly from Wind).

What do you mean by $100 over the actual device price?