my wp7 teat drive with a htc trophy

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
After using android devices since the droid 1 I decided to give wp7 a test drive. I'm not going to lie my g2x is now collecting dust. Why you ask the user experience is just a lot better in my opinion especially running mango. I will give the trophy a few more days and if I continue to neglect my g2x I will keep it. Bit as of now I would only use the f2x for games which I think are lacking on the WP side but the general apps are much better along with the ability to download music, videos, games etc all from one place let alone the fact I don't have to deal with the while Netflix crap I turned on my phone to find Netflix pre installed and very little bloat if any. Their are still things that I miss like Google maps with navigation the games and current hardware that can push some of the greatest mobile games I have seen on a phone. Now it's time to decide which one I want to use as my daily phone.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I was a big fan and user of the WinMo 6.x generation phones. Loved my HTC Touch Pro2. Super functional and had the apps I needed. When they moved to the WP7 I was disappointed because of all the functionality they left out and that there were none on VZW. So, I went with the 4G/LTE VZW HTC Thunderbolt. Been very happy with it. But I would be interested in a "new" generation Windows Phone. Maybe WP8? :)

At that time, everyone said how good the Interface was. Although I've not experienced "Tiles" and the WP7 interface, I believe them. They also said, in time, they would add most/all of the functionality back. That's what I'm waiting for and then I'll take another look.

Things that the original WP7 did not have (I don't think) and that I would like...

-Availability on VZW
-VZW 4G/LTE
-Mobile Hotspot (didn't have before)
-Copy/Paste
-Terminal Server Client
-Ability to sync Pocket Outlook with my PC (not just the "Cloud", or Exchange Servers)
-Flash embedded in webpage support (not sure if WP7 has this or not)
-Bing Navigation Free (Like on the WinMo 6.x platform - it was awesome, as good or better than Google Nav. Spoken turn-by-turn Nav - very good.)
-Wifi
-GPS

Does the Trophy have any of these things?

-Frank

Last edited:

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
WiFi yes GPS yes turn by turn nav no mobile hotspot not that I've seen no lte nor does it support flash allot of those things I missed after the pretty factor from the UI wore off so I just got my d3 today and will be sending it back they just don't have enough apps nor is the Os functional enough to use as my daily driver. It was a nice test but I may have to wait until wp8 before I say I'll go back. Plus the hardware isn't their yet the trophy is a nice phone but it's like going from a super phone to a low and android phone ysin that load time for apps is just horrible. I feel bad to even say I wanted to give it a try

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
WiFi yes GPS yes turn by turn nav no mobile hotspot not that I've seen no lte nor does it support flash allot of those things I missed after the pretty factor from the UI wore off so I just got my d3 today and will be sending it back they just don't have enough apps nor is the Os functional enough to use as my daily driver. It was a nice test but I may have to wait until wp8 before I say I'll go back. Plus the hardware isn't their yet the trophy is a nice phone but it's like going from a super phone to a low and android phone ysin that load time for apps is just horrible. I feel bad to even say I wanted to give it a try
Thanks for the feedback. I haven't been keeping up. I suppose I still feel a lot of loyalty to the Microsoft phone idea. But it's taking them sooooo long to get it together since parting with the WinMo 6.x series, which was extremely good. Why couldn't they have just left it alone. Anyway... appreciate it. I'm always keeping an eye out for the "next gen" Windows phone. So far, WP7 isn't it for me.

-Frank

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I had a trophy and liked it just did not like the screen size. If verizon gets a 4" or above wp7 device I will most likely switch.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Wow couldn't type worth a dang with that phone. But I still like wp7 and if it had a larger screen it would'be been slightly more enjoyable. But I was down on the 09 specs and I still am to this day though it seems MS has done a great job of optimizing windows phone to that hardware. Wish we had that level of optimization in a nexus device. But as of right now I will stick with my nexus and wait for them to catch up. Meaning something better than the s2 processor the 480p screen and higher memory

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira