I have Windows 7 Ultimate which is a 64 bit. I have installed a bunch of stuff and finally my games. I get errors on so many of the games I try to install. I've heard and read that Windows 64bit and almost any 64 bit operating system is unstable. 32bit which is more popular is a lot more stable and runs programs better. Is that true? I don't mind have to switch to 32 but I do want to stay with 7. The problem I have is when I bought this it came with programs I paid for that were installed on the computer (Adobe Pre, Adobe photoshop, MS Office 2010 and others). If I switch to 32 can I install these programs even though they were installed on a 64? The comp came with backup disc for these programs so I have the disc's. Also do i have to buy a 7/32 or is there a way to downgrade to a 32 free? This has been such a hassle so far with 64. One things for sure is I am never getting a 64 bit OS again. Stick with 32. Learned that the hard way Not to mention all the other programs I'll have to reinstall and pics/videos/music/docs to be transferred.....again. What do you all think? I just want to have everything running smooth and definitely get my games installed on whatever OS it will work on. Well almost any OS. I don't want 8 or 10 right now. I'll stick with 7.
    08-28-2015 12:46 AM
    I've heard and read that Windows 64bit and almost any 64 bit operating system is unstable.
    There's a lot of FUD (Fear, Uncertanty and Doubt - IOW, people who don't know anything shooting their mouths off) on the internet. I ran 7/64 Ultimate from the time it came out and never had a problem.

Is that true?
    Not even a punctuation mark of it, let alone a word of it. (They said that about 32 bit OSs, when 95 came out too.)

I don't mind have to switch to 32 but I do want to stay with 7. The problem I have is when I bought this it came with programs I paid for that were installed on the computer (Adobe Pre, Adobe photoshop, MS Office 2010 and others). If I switch to 32 can I install these programs even though they were installed on a 64? The comp came with backup disc for these programs so I have the disc's. Also do i have to buy a 7/32 or is there a way to downgrade to a 32 free? This has been such a hassle so far with 64. One things for sure is I am never getting a 64 bit OS again. Stick with 32.
    You may be having problems, but it's not because you're running a 64 bit OS. (If 64 bit OSs were bad [and having been a system developer who developed on the bare metal for over 40 years - wrote in machine language a lot of the time - I can't see how that's an issue), a LOT of commercial systems and large computers would be crashing. (Current mainframes are 64 bits or larger. Most, if not all, of the web servers you connect to are running 64 bit systems.)

What do you all think? I just want to have everything running smooth and definitely get my games installed on whatever OS it will work on. Well almost any OS. I don't want 8 or 10 right now. I'll stick with 7.
    I think you should find out what's causing the problem and fixing it. It's like fixing a limp by stitching your arm up - you're "fixing" something that's not the problem.
    08-28-2015 01:05 AM
    I've heard and read that Windows 64bit and almost any 64 bit operating system is unstable.
    I've never heard or read that. I've been running 64-bit Windows OS since Vista with no problem that a few settings wouldn't fix. While running 32 bit might help with older legacy programs that the developer never bothered to update to take advantage of newer tech... You WILL lose the ability to run certain games since more than a few have moved on to exclusive 64-bit support due to more system resources available to be used. You'd be better off asking the Windows Central forum on your issue.
    08-30-2015 11:31 AM
    Ok, well there were a lot of qwerks I had to work out but it's ok. I installed most of my games except for 2, Farcry is one of them. It isn't able to install because of the 32 game I guess on a 64 system. But I installed a few other games that were older then Farcry 1 and they installed and play fine. I guess it has to do with the manufacturer making the game. About half the games got installed in a x86 folder. I'm not sure what that is and haven't looked it up yet. I asked this on a few other sites and everyone says 64 is the way to go so I'll stay with what I have. I think i heard that years ago that 64's were unstable. Maybe some were back then but they are solid now from what repliers have said.
    09-12-2015 09:37 PM
    I have installed Windows 7 too. Also too many games as well. Because I love games. But there is no problem at all. Going everything well so far.
    09-12-2015 09:43 PM