Can I get some help with an Android wireless charging general question?

marklyn

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Android wireless charging general question

So this is a general question about android devices that use wireless charging, although my device is version 4.x (tablet) and my S6 phone 5.x version.
When an android device is using wireless charging, what happens when the charging is at 100%, does it stop charging and then start charging at some point when the devices reaches a certain threshold?
If anyone knows of any website that explains how this hand off works in detail, I'd be interested.

My phone (or tablet) will occasionally start discharging and never start charging again unless I remove it from the wireless charger and replace it. It's like something has told it, ok you're at 100% stop charging, but occasionally it "forgets" to start charging again unless physically re-seated.

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Android wireless charging general question

Subscribe!!

Not to hi-jack you post, but I would also want to know if it's bad for the battery if I remove it from the wireless charger about 4-6 times as it takes quite a long time to charge fully. I'm charging it at work and getting up from my desk every now and then and I'm not taking chances to leave it on my desk...

Once again, sorry for the hi-jack. :)

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site

My phone (or tablet) will occasionally start discharging and never start charging again unless I remove it from the wireless charger and replace it. It's like something has told it, ok you're at 100% stop charging, but occasionally it "forgets" to start charging again unless physically re-seated.

While I don't have an answer for you I have had the same charging problem you mention with my Nexus 6. I use it as my alarm when I need it and for work so I need it fully charged without question and wireless is just too unreliable unfortunately.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

So this is a general question about android devices that use wireless charging, although my device is version 4.x (tablet) and my S6 phone 5.x version.
When an android device is using wireless charging, what happens when the charging is at 100%, does it stop charging and then start charging at some point when the devices reaches a certain threshold?
If anyone knows of any website that explains how this hand off works in detail, I'd be interested.

Hi - it would depend on the wireless charger. For example, I picked up a cheap wireless charger to take on holiday with me a couple of months ago for my S6 - when it hit 100% it would stop charging the phone unless I picked it up and put it back down again. However I have the official Samsung wireless charger and this keeps the charge in the phone at 100%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech