Xiaomi MI A3 Camera doesn't remember its last mode when started by double power button?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi, sorry if there is already such of topic but I couldn't find any.

To the question - when I installed the latest updates of Android 10 I noticed that when I start the Camera app by double pressing the power button it don't go to it's last state as before. If I start it normally - by touching it's icon it behaves as it should - the camera goes to it's last state.
The double pressing issue is not dependent on whether the phone is locked or not - I tried it both ways with no success.

What I made so far was to delete all the Camera data and to reset it's options but no success so far.

What I assume is that the issue is related somehow with the latest updates of Android 10.

My phone is Xiaomi Mi A3, Android version 10 latest updated 5/5/2020.

Does anyone know how to resolve the issue?

P.s. And, of course I have checked that check in the Camera option to remember it's last state. Unfortunately it is not that easy. 😕

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by "the last state"? Do you mean that if you choose a shooting mode (like Portrait Mode), then go back to the homescreen, then open the Camera app again, it's still in Portrait Mode? But if you go back to the homescreen, and then double-press Power, it opens to the default camera mode?

FWIW, on my Pixel 3 XL, after leaving the Camera app to do anything else, reopening Camera will always go back to the default mode, not the last one that was selected.

Mk_crazy

Jun 26, 2020
Visit site
"What do you mean by "the last state"? Do you mean that if you choose a shooting mode (like Portrait Mode), then go back to the homescreen, then open the Camera app again, it's still in Portrait Mode? But if you go back to the homescreen, and then double-press Power, it opens to the default camera mode?"
Yes, this is what I mean. If I start the Camera and go to the portrait mode and then I exit and start it again then it will start in portrait mode. But if I start it by double pressing the power button then it will start in the default mode. This wasn't like that before 😒

About your phone, do you have in the Camera options for remembering the latest mode?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
About your phone, do you have in the Camera options for remembering the latest mode?

No, Pixel's camera app doesn't have that option.

It's possible Xiaomi took that feature away after a recent update. Is there an actual option for you in your camera app's settings?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, strange. I'd suggest Safe Mode as well like mustang7757 did, but if I recall correctly, Xiaomi doesn't let the user boot into Safe Mode for unclear reasons.

Mk_crazy

Jun 26, 2020
Visit site
Hmm, strange. I'd suggest Safe Mode as well like mustang7757 did, but if I recall correctly, Xiaomi doesn't let the user boot into Safe Mode for unclear reasons.
I just restarted in Safe Mode but nothing changed. Started the Camera in Safe Mode but it had the same behaviour as in normal mode - starting the app normally starts in the latest mode, starting the app by double pressing the power button starts in the default mode.

I think the issue is related somehow how shortcuts like this one start apps but I don't have the knowledge where to look in...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, you were able to start in Safe Mode? Maybe it was some other Xiaomi phones where you can't, so I'm glad you were able to test that.

Mk_crazy

Jun 26, 2020
Visit site
Oh, you were able to start in Safe Mode? Maybe it was some other Xiaomi phones where you can't, so I'm glad you were able to test that.
Yes, it's quite easy - holding on the power off icon for a few seconds and a pop-up will appear asking you if you want to restart in safe mode.

Ok, about the issue with the camera - can anyone think of for a solution?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey