Xiaomi Android Smartphone Rising Trend

Fabian John

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
What do you guys think about Xiaomi? They are cheap and comparable with the rest of the bunch here. Any updates in terms of performance and price?

monty Stinson

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I enjoy using the Mi Max, currently have a S7 edge, Nexus 6P. Each has their features, like the dual sim, ir blaster on the Max. Great for switching between work an personal sim.

Gearu

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
A family member recently wanted a new phone for under AU$200, and after scouring the market's offerings/specs I managed to find the Redmi 4 Prime being the best features/specs for $210 (phones with the back button on the left were not an option). The family member in question had the Galaxy J3 in mind but this Xiaomi model in particular blows it away. 5 inch 1080p screen, 4G, 3gb ram and 32GB ROM, android 6.0 and the new MIUI 8 interface from Xiaomi, even has fingerprint scanner.
Solid great feeling phone that easily outmuscles my Galaxy Note 3 in performance, I now cannot wait to get a new phone myself (must have a stylus though). I like that Xiaomi put a mid-range CPU (snapdragon 625 octo) in it, they seem to have put a focus on a few higher quality things in a budget range phone, for this particular model.
The wifi is only n grade (and seemed a tiny bit slow for n), the buttons are not lit, no gorilla glass (Redmi 3S survives drop tests on youtube though), the camera isn't amazing, but these are fair trade offs for the FHD screen and 4100mAh battery among other things (dual sim, microSD, all the sensors).
Seems to be a market sleeper, possibly due to the large and confusing range of Xiaomis.

Only issue besides yucky icons was that the message app worked once, then crashed upon opening every time after that, so a 3rd party one had to be installed.
Also the phone shows approx 1.4gb of ram being used with no apps open, so I'm glad I ordered the 3GB ram model instead of the cheaper 2GB+16ROM version- not sure how that would have turned out!

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I have two xiaomi phones. The redmi note 3 pro and the Mi Max! I cant believe how its possible to get these amazing and fabulous phones for 200 bucks! Its crazy but its also wonderfull!

hk888

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Performance is excellent. The Mimix is an awesome phone. My family had every iPhone from 1 to 7s, although I switched to Android with the S5, LG G4, Note 7. When I had to return the note 7 I was looking for something new and went for the Mimix. It's a very large phone, but this suites me as I can easily read documents and pdfs and thus I no longer use my tablet. Performance is excellent, although I did install Nova as a launcher to make it easier switching between Android phones of different brands. The only negative is the camera, the video doesn't seem to have any stabilisation and the pictures are not at good as the Note 7 or G4. They are probably better than the S5 so not too bad. Battery life is great. So after 4 months heavy use the performance beats all the other android phones I've had. My LGs had boot loop issues, the note 7 slowed considerably when I mass loaded it up (may have been a rogue app)

armac911

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I had my doubts when I purchased the redmi note 2, but quickly changed my mind when I saw how well it handled my demands compared to my Xperia Z. The only drawback was the power hungry MTX Helio x10 cpu. Even though I could easily get 4 to 5 hors of SOT, it really felt like it shoulded push about an hour more.

I recently upgraded from that phone to Redmi Note 3 pro with Snapdragon 650 and got +3 hours of SOT. All in all I am very happy with it, but only after I unlocked the bootloader (official way) and flashed twrp and rooted the device.

Currently running the latest stable global MIUI rom (android 6.0.1) with Nova prime and haven't noticed anything weird or any bugs.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I had the mi mix and loved it. If it worked better on my carrier I would still have it. I'm hoping the mix 2 works better with my carrier.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star