Xiaomi Mi Mix

monty Stinson

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Ordered Xiaomi Mi Mix, 256 GB, hope it works as well as the Xiaomi Mi Max worked for me. I like the phone quality of both SIM's with the Max. With dual SIM phone 4g on one SIM and 2g on the other just bad, might as well be no G.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
As I understand the Mix was not designed for use in the US and it's missing some of the US LTE bands. You WILL get some though, for example on T-Mobile LTE bands are 2, 4 and 12 with 4 and 12 being the primary bands, and you DO get band 2 and 4 on the Mix, BUT not 12 (12 is the best to have, BUT it's not the end of the world). On AT&T you get 2, 4 and 5, BUT not their primary band 17. You get 2 and 4 on Verizon, but not their primary 13 AND no CDMA backup, so I wouldn't trust it on Verizon. And you get nothing on Sprint, plus their is NO way Sprint would activate it anyways.

I will tell you this despite that I almost got one. I'm on T-Mobile, JUST for that gorgeous screen!

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
You get 2 and 4 on Verizon, but not their primary 13 AND no CDMA backup, so I wouldn't trust it on Verizon.

That's not true. I've had a mix since October and have used it on both ATT and Verizon. Yes the missing band 17 on ATT and the missing band 13 on verizon is an issue. When I was on ATT I had LTE at all times in Southern California. Using it on Verizon I would usually latch on to band 4 (in areas where other verizon phones would be on band 13. So there is some overlap and redundancy. The few times where there was no band 2 or 4 for me to get, I did have 3g and was still able to make calls and even stream netflix with no buffering.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
That's not true. I've had a mix since October and have used it on both ATT and Verizon. Yes the missing band 17 on ATT and the missing band 13 on verizon is an issue. When I was on ATT I had LTE at all times in Southern California. Using it on Verizon I would usually latch on to band 4 (in areas where other verizon phones would be on band 13. So there is some overlap and redundancy. The few times where there was no band 2 or 4 for me to get, I did have 3g and was still able to make calls and even stream netflix with no buffering.

Coolio! Maybe I will try to get one again. :)

nglfmark

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Just bought one from Hong Kong. Works well in HK. I have the 6GB ram and 256GB storage version. Has Google Play pre installed. Excellent phone. Beware some "themes" are buggy. The default theme works well. Some other themes not so smooth. E.g, i tried a few different themes and the Contacts and Dialler kept hanging, so obviously went back to the default theme. Also some non default launchers may not work properly. BlackBerry launcher, with Sony clock widget didn't work. Kept showing the wrong time. Battery and display are amazing.

skinnytoo201

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I can't get Verizon to work at all. I wonder what the deal is. It sees the SIM is Verizon, but I get zero service. I tried to add an APN, won't save it. T-mobs works but no 4G/LTE

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I can't get Verizon to work at all. I wonder what the deal is. It sees the SIM is Verizon, but I get zero service. I tried to add an APN, won't save it. T-mobs works but no 4G/LTE

What ROM are you using? I had issues with RR in some builds where the APN settings weren't right and I couldn't get any phone calls, newer builds this was fixed though and I was able to get everything working right off the bat without doing anything.

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
What ROM are you using? I had issues with RR in some builds where the APN settings weren't right and I couldn't get any phone calls, newer builds this was fixed though and I was able to get everything working right off the bat without doing anything.

First off, you're not even talking about the correct phone. We are discussing the Mi Mix, not the Mi Max. Secondly, it does work on Verizon as I and many others have verified. It is only missing one LTE band.. the same amount of bands it is missing on ATT.

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Cheers for pointing out my mistake. It is the Mi MIX not MAX & you're correct it is missing the LTE band 13. But Band 13 is the MAIN LTE band for Verizon (For ATT it's band 17) That may present a problem depending upon your area. Plus, no CDMA backup.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/59foz9/for_anyone_wondering_about_mi_mix_compatibility/

I get 3g on my Mix whenever I'm in an area that doesn't get LTE. 90% of the time I have LTE in SoCal but there are pockets where I fall back to 3g. You should probably defer to someone who has actually owned the phone over a copy-pasted list on reddit.

jefbeard911

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I get 3g on my Mix whenever I'm in an area that doesn't get LTE. 90% of the time I have LTE in SoCal but there are pockets where I fall back to 3g. You should probably defer to someone who has actually owned the phone over a copy-pasted list on reddit.

I never said it wouldn't work, did I?

You'd do well over at Crackberry. Their all a bunch of cranky know-it-alls too.

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I never said it wouldn't work, did I?

You'd do well over at Crackberry. Their all a bunch of cranky know-it-alls too.

You literally said no CDMA backup. And I'm not being a know it all I just don't like to see people talking out of their *** and giving people incorrect information.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89