Hi I am Rupesh from India and yesterday I have bought xiomi redmi note 4 which has 64 internal memory and snap Dragon processor. I have some music files in my pc and I want to transfer them to internal memory of my phone.

At present I have installed Windows 8.1 pro on my pc. when I connect the phone to the computer using original usb cable provided the phone is displaying message as connected for charging only and tap for other options and when I tap there's no entry for usb mass storage.

As the phone is connected in mtp mode file transfer is very slow and also when I try to recopy a directory from pc to phone it is copying all files again instead of skipping already done.

I have tried copying with other tools in Windows like tera copy, rich copy, rockdils unstoppable copier etc., but there's no use I mean I am unable to copy as I can't find entry of the phone like redmi note 4. Some of the tools specified above can transfer long filenames but they are expecting a path starting with drive letter like d:/

In order to mount internal memory as usb mass storage the phone needs to be rooted but when I try to root the device my device warranty may become invalid.

Please suggest how to copy files with long filenames to my phone internal memory.

Regards,
    Rupesh.
    08-04-2017 07:27 AM
    First, I don't believe transferring via USB Mass Storage mode would be any faster -- the data transfer speed will depend on the USB connection. Are you using a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port on the computer? Make sure it's 3.0. Also, try different USB cables, since cables can get damaged.

When you say file transfer is slow, do you mean that an individual file's transfer rate is very slow, or that you're trying to copy many files in bulk, and that's taking a while?
    08-04-2017 11:46 AM