I just got mine last week but it's still in the box. I'm not opening it until Christmas. Why? Well, why should only the children have fun on Christmas? I want to see it for the first time on Christmas. I also accept waiting until the 25th December as a challenge.

Did you get your Mi A1? If yes, tell me what do you think about it, and more importantly, criticize the parts you don't like about it.
    12-12-2017 02:49 AM
    I got a Mi A 1 last week for my son, exchanging his old phone. The phone works fine, no lag anywhere with the clean stock Android. It got security update while setting up and the Dec security update 2 days ago. We have installed Nova Prime launcher for gestures etc. The camera seems to be nice with portrait mode though we haven't used it much yet. I hope it gets the promised Oreo update before the end of December.
    I hope you enjoy your new Mi A1 after you open the box.
    I couldn't have left it till then because I would have been apprehensive that in case there is any problem with it then the period for returning the phone would be over.
    12-14-2017 04:58 AM
    I just got mine last week but it's still in the box. I'm not opening it until Christmas. Why? Well, why should only the children have fun on Christmas? I want to see it for the first time on Christmas. I also accept waiting until the 25th December as a challenge.

Did you get your Mi A1? If yes, tell me what do you think about it, and more importantly, criticize the parts you don't like about it.
    I love mine, I am coming from the HTC one m8 and the HTC 10. Much better battery life, wifi range (when compared to the HTC 10, which sucked in that department) it has a very nice screen, it's smooth and fast... but the camera is not so good. There's a Google camera app ported from the Pixel that adds video stabilization and makes the photos much better so there's some hope Xiaomi improves the camera performance with a software update.
    But both my previous smartphones cost more than 500 bucks and this one cost 230 so I knew something had to be worse.
    I am not wanting to replace it anytime soon so I am very happy with my decision
    12-15-2017 08:01 PM
    I am a Xiaomi user for 3 years now. The A1 is an amazing phone for a very competitive price but I prefer Xiaomi's own Android based MIUI operating system.
    12-21-2017 06:24 AM