well i dropped my redmi note 4 ( mido) after which i am getting weak signals. when i enter my room the singal is totally lost ( zero reception ) , and when i go out on streets i get about 2 bars.. then on top of my terrace like full signal..and i am sure about that this happend after the drop. now if i take it to service centre . it is in open area .. the the TOWERS STRENGTH IS POWERFULL, so at service centre they say, "sir ur signal is full . its working properly, we cant help"
    i guess i need ur help in knowing which component is actually damaged.. its sd625 model.. help me out
    01-07-2019 02:51 AM
    well i dropped my redmi note 4 ( mido) after which i am getting weak signals. when i enter my room the signal is totally lost ( zero reception ) , and when i go out on streets i get about 2 bars.. then on top of my terrace like full signal..and i am sure about that this happened after the drop. now if i take it to service center . it is in open area .. the the TOWERS STRENGTH IS POWERFUL, so at service center they say, "sir ur signal is full . its working properly, we cant help"
    i guess i need ur help in knowing which component is actually damaged.. its sd625 model.. help me out
    01-07-2019 02:55 AM
    I'd guess that the antenna connector came loose and just has to be pressed back in.

If not, the antenna was damaged, but if you're getting a good signal (you didn't say how good - you can use LTE Discovery to find out), it's probably connected, just not completely. (Of course, that requires disassembling most of the phone, something they wouldn't prefer to do, and since it was caused by something you did they are going to charge you for the repair - mostly for disassembling and reassembling the phone. Even a dollar for pushing the connector down is a rip-off, but the repair could easily run $100.)
    01-07-2019 12:18 PM