Xiaomi Redmi 6A issues with playing music from the SD card

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Putting music on SD card and playing it on any of the 2 default music players causes music to play with these cuts and scratches, making it intolerable. When I play the same songs directly from the devices storage, there are no such issues.

I tried 2 different SD cards, formatted them both multiple times, tried all sorts of music and still the music sounds as if it was played from a ****ty broken 8-track cassette.

Any other tricks I could try? Is this a devices issue with SD cards in general or could it be something else?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What class are the microSD cards (in terms of speed), and what brand are they, and where did you get them from? If they're cheap and slow cards, that might affect quality. Or if they're cheap and counterfeit, they might corrupt easily.

Redmi6aUser

Jan 19, 2019
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What class are the microSD cards (in terms of speed), and what brand are they, and where did you get them from? If they're cheap and slow cards, that might affect quality. Or if they're cheap and counterfeit, they might corrupt easily.

Samsung 8GB before and now Kingston 64GB. They work fine, I can put stuff on it and access it via device, I also used the Samsung one with a previous phone, had music on it, no such issues.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if it could be a firmware bug that affects media playback from SD cards. What if you try other music apps?

Redmi6aUser

Jan 19, 2019
Visit site
I wonder if it could be a firmware bug that affects media playback from SD cards. What if you try other music apps?

If it is, shouldn't it be affecting more Redmi 6A users? I googled plenty and didn't find anything similar.

There are 2 music players installed, one from Xiaomi and the other is Google Play Music, they both play the songs the same way.

Redmi6aUser

Jan 19, 2019
Visit site
Solved the problem by copying the music files using Windows Explorer. For some reason they became corrupted when I used Total Commander to transfer them.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad you figured out a solution! That's surprising -- I usually find Total Commander to be very well designed otherwise.:-\

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital