My device is Mi Max 2 today I tried flashing some custom rom which is because yesterday it was normal but it suddenly restarted when I tried booting it up it went to recovery mode btw my recovery mode is TWRP so I tried to just flash a rom again but after its done flashing It keeps booting into TWRP so I was searching online and decided to go back to stock I used the Miflash but after it successfully flashing again This time I can no longer access bootloader my volume up does not work anymore only down and power and im back to stock recovery mode tried accessing MiPcSuite but to still no avail. Please help im seriosly sad like frustrated beacuse I have been trying to find for a fix since yesterday.

Is my volume up broken? is it the reason why I can't access the bootloader. everything went south since yesterday.

I would like to add that the power and the volume buttons where acting funny yeterday when it was doing just fine could it be my volume button but why does it keep booting on TWRP Thinking about it I was getting out of the bath could have damage the volume buttons or something
    06-11-2019 01:37 AM
    Welcome to AC, thank you for becoming a member. While we do have a ROM and rooting community here I doubt you'll find much help in the General Help section and we do have an Xiaomi Phones forum, so we'll try to get this moved there. In the meantime you might also want to check out XDA Developers site. There they are all about ROMs and rooting there and there's a good chance that someone there knows this device and/or this issue.
    @B. Diddy
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-11-2019 04:51 AM
    Ok, moved this to the Xiaomi forum.
    VidJunky likes this.
    06-11-2019 01:03 PM
    Boot order is

1. Android. If there's no bootable Android

2. Recovery. If there's no bootable recovery

3. Bootloader. If there's no bootloader, the phone is hard bricked.

So that's the reason it kept booting to TWRP - you had no ROM that was bootable.

As for your volume up button, play music and see if it works. You should be able to use volume down and volume up. If it doesn't work, you have to get that fixed first.

As for the stock ROM, download it again. It's extremely rare that downloads don't work on the internal (and if they supply the SHA-256 or SHA-512 code for the ROM, copy it, and use it in a program like MDA & SHA Utility to make sure the download succeeded. Then flash it again. (Then clear the system cache - in recovery - the stock or you can install TWRP first.) Switching from Lineage to Android requires a cache clear (a "clean install") - the same thing when going from Android to Lineage.
    06-11-2019 01:18 PM
    Boot order is

1. Android. If there's no bootable Android

2. Recovery. If there's no bootable recovery

3. Bootloader. If there's no bootloader, the phone is hard bricked.

So that's the reason it kept booting to TWRP - you had no ROM that was bootable.

As for your volume up button, play music and see if it works. You should be able to use volume down and volume up. If it doesn't work, you have to get that fixed first.

As for the stock ROM, download it again. It's extremely rare that downloads don't work on the internal (and if they supply the SHA-256 or SHA-512 code for the ROM, copy it, and use it in a program like MDA & SHA Utility to make sure the download succeeded. Then flash it again. (Then clear the system cache - in recovery - the stock or you can install TWRP first.) Switching from Lineage to Android requires a cache clear (a "clean install") - the same thing when going from Android to Lineage.
    Heres an update before all I could access was on MI-Recovery 3.0 but now I just keep pressing the buttons and somehow I was able to boot into fastboot mode I installed TWRP right away.

And a someone from another forum helped me we flahed stock rom manually and helped me https://chat.stackexchange.com/rooms...2-soft-bricked We found out that maybe the reason It wont boot was because I was missing the Vendor Partition.
    06-12-2019 12:39 AM
    or the vendor.img
    06-12-2019 12:45 AM