Terrible battery drain on the Xiaomi MI 9

Andrew404

Jun 13, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone. I've recently purchased a MI 9 global version and quite frankly, I don't think I've ever owned a phone with the poorest battery life ever!

I'm based the states and this rapid battery drain seems to be a global issue not just in North America.

Of all of the recommendations given on the web, youtube and the awesome XDA suggestions, nothing works.

It's hard to pin point the main battery drain but it seems the radio attenna could be a poor design. Constantly, it searches for other networks even though we are based in the States.

My OnePlus 6T I can get easily get two days with about 25% remaining.
I'm lucky to get 8 - 10 hours with the MI 9. I like the MI 9. I am really trying to make this work. Anyone have any ideas to try?

Otherwise, it's back to the seller. Not really impressed with Xiaomi to be frank.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
Unfortunately the Xiaomi MI 9 does have a mediocre battery life, however much you try to prolong it. However most of their other phones are brilliant, especially considering the price. Generally their phones lack a couple of nice features but spec wise punch well above their weight.

For a phone that is near-equal to the Mi 9 in my opinion is the Redmi K20 Pro...similar cameras, better battery, same screen etc....all for around $360 (only available in Asia though). The MI 9T is near identical but has a snapdragon 730 instead and a slightly inferior main camera (still 48MP)

Andrew404

Jun 13, 2019
Visit site
Unfortunately the Xiaomi MI 9 does have a mediocre battery life, however much you try to prolong it. However most of their other phones are brilliant, especially considering the price. Generally their phones lack a couple of nice features but spec wise punch well above their weight.

For a phone that is near-equal to the Mi 9 in my opinion is the Redmi K20 Pro...similar cameras, better battery, same screen etc....all for around $360 (only available in Asia though). The MI 9T is near identical but has a snapdragon 730 instead and a slightly inferior main camera (still 48MP)

Thank you for your input. A few suggestions on the internet came up and I tried a few things. Turn off location services and email only with manual push. It's helped quite a bit and we will see how things go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781